2 x 140kv not enough power?

@Pedrodemio & @Irdesigns & @Santino Thank you. I believe you guys nailed it, at least the vast majority of it. I changed the current settings to 35 motor max -35 motor min, 20A battery max -3A battery min, 1A minimum current and now it goes & even w/o pushing, I just put my weight on front foot to start Still got some tweaking to do as I was hoping to get a lil better performance out of these motors & I still gotta try to get sensors working but at least it’s now functional. I tried to select all of you for solution answer but I don’t know if it will allow me to or not, if it doesn’t just let me know and I’ll ask a new ? and allow whomever got dissed to solve it for me so that you get credit too. Everyone’s input was helpful and most appreciated in spite of my bummed out attitude. Just sucks when you overhaul everything hoping for better performance and get a bunch of headaches. Anyway, thank you everyone!

2 Likes
EDIT: Ignore me, I'm illiterate 😂

One other point I saw, you mentioned you did motor detection with tires on? That’s a BIG no-no. Whenever you run detection the motors should be free-spinning with no load. It has the potential to give you funky readings under additional resistance

1 Like

Glad to hear that, happy riding

You can increase the motor current but at small steps, ride for a few days as it is and see how hot the motors get, preferably with a thermometer, and then increase a bit the motor current see if the torque improves and how hot it get, there is a point that it will get hotter but no torque will be gained, also try to keep it under 60 °C

One thing you may need to change is battery min, at -3A will have almost no brake at high speed, but as I said, try it first, keep in mind that battery min dictates brake force at higher speed and motor min at lower speeds, even if you don’t use all the time it’s good to have really strong brakes for emergency situations

1 Like

well at least you didint fry the vesc liek i didi haha glad this worked for you.