1st Build- Never Summer- Dual 6355 Sensored- 10S4P

Hey guys. So it looks like my motors, motor mounts, enclosure, and wheel pulley systems will arrive here on Monday. So I want to get ordering all the wire and stuff I need asap. I am ordering 5.5 bullet connectors, xt60 male/female connectors, 12 gauge wire so far. Happy Thanksgiving guys!!!

What are these? Looks like they’re on some kinda board. And what are those black and white wires called? I want to get the same things that I have in my raptor because I love the shit out of it. I’ve already ordered everything from Enertion to make my own. Just need to know what everything wiring wise is. @onloop?

1 Like

Also. Is the a decent soldering setup for someone like me that has never soldered a day in his life? http://www.homedepot.com/p/Hakko-70-Watt-Digital-Soldering-Station-FX888D-29BY-P/204215981?MERCH=REC--PIPHorizontal1_rr--203525863--204215981--N

The arrows point to the capacitors on your VESC’s. your VESC-x will have them inside. The black an white wires are the communication CAN connection between your master and slave VESC. I would ask @onloop what connector to get for the VESC-X.

1 Like

Thanks for that info. I was wondering what those were. Glad to hear that the new vesc-x’s will have those built in already. Less I will have to do/learn.

Gotta question guys. Would this be possible??? Could I just buy a second receiver for my gt2b remote to put in my new board I’m building? That way instead of having two separate remotes I could just use the one? Or is the deal when it binds to one receiver it won’t bind to another? Just a thought I had that could simplify things a bit.

P.S- I just got my two motors, space cell case, motor mounts, and pulley systems yesterday. I have a local hobby shop that carries the xt60’s, bullet connectors, wiring, ect… that I already picked up also. Just waiting for the vesc-x’s to ship after the 30th. Hopefully they don’t take too long. I want to build this thing and see how it goes!

Yes it is a decent iron

no can’t do that, you have two options to control both motors with 1 receiver.

Have your VESCX in a master-slave config like your current raptor with a CAN bus cable.

OR diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/vesc-canbus-connector/

your second option is to control each vescx independently with the same PPM signal using a Y cable like this one, you’ll need to cut the red cable off one of them

For powering both vesc, you’ll need to make a Y connector, like this

just put a male XT60 at the end of the cable to connect to the space cell.

Get some good solder and get some flux, it will make your life much easier.

1 Like

I have pretty much everything now. Just waiting for the vesc-x’s to ship and the the ollin board canbus connectors to ship also. Going to pick out a deck this weekend along with some calibur trucks at my local longboard shop. This is going to be fun. I want to build this and ride it for a while before my Raptor 2 gets her in however long it takes.

1 Like

Question for you guys. Do any of you know where I can pick up the round piece of plastic that’s around the power button and the charger cover thingy. And what are they called? This is the space cell pro 4. I want to make mine just like this so I’m guessing I will have to take my spare raptor battery apart to do so.

Hey guys. Question. When my vesc-x’s (two of them) get here I will need to hook them up to my battery obviously. Would either of these two connectors work for dual vesc?

https://www.amazon.com/Serial-Harness-Two-Batteries-Connectors/dp/B00T3FTPNQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480885818&sr=8-1&keywords=xt60+y+serial+harness

https://www.amazon.com/Crazepony-Battery-Connector-Helicopter-Quadcopter/dp/B01MDK1IWY/ref=pd_day0_21_9?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01MDK1IWY&pd_rd_r=VTQ07M2YPDV78TWHQDYD&pd_rd_w=FQzkO&pd_rd_wg=u8nXz&psc=1&refRID=VTQ07M2YPDV78TWHQDYD

none of the above :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:… this is the one you need

https://www.amazon.com/Connector-Female-Males-Parallel-Connection/dp/B00NQX2DB2

1 Like

Thanks dude !

Got my soldering iron today. Going to pickup some wire and try my first soldering experience this weekend. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did it. Works great while testing. Just need to bolt down the enclosure, put my black 100mm MBS wheels on, then paint the trucks and motor mounts black. First build turned out great so far.

8 Likes

sick build mate; do you benefit of the nose? if no, you coud even move to a cantelated

2 Likes

Just picked up the cantillated myself! Can’t wait to start my first build with that deck. Looks awesome, @SeanHacker!

1 Like

Thanks! Nope. I don’t benefit from the nose. I just liked how it looked I guess. I didn’t even know that the cantelated existed until a couple days ago. Might get it. :slight_smile:

Finally got the board painted. Gave it my best rattle can and clear coat job in the basement.

3 Likes

That looks cool with the texture!

1 Like

Yeah. It turned out way better than I thought it would. I was kinda worried. I chose not to sand down the fiberglass and take my chances. It’s going to look so much better with the carbon fiber Master Cho. Finished pics coming tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Yeah good call. Sanding that board would have been a poor choice, haha. It has a cork veneer over the fiberglass. Not your typical maple deck