18650 group buy

Since its Paypal, i suspect its just a screw up and that it will be working soon. Either that or their account has been locked during some dumb fraud investigation or something customer related.

1 Like

Mine comes in tomorrow canā€™t wait

well no wonder my order hadnā€™t shipped yet. Apparently my payment didnā€™t process, so i had to do it over.

Blarg.

Oh well iā€™m not really ready for them yet anyway. I still need to find a good BMS.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to give a big thank you to @JLabs for taking your time and contacting the supplier and getting this thing to come to life! Thanks buddy

1 Like

@longhairedboy I have a message to Bestech about pricing for their beefed-up BMS, in case batterysupports is now batteryclosedforgood.

No problem! Itā€™s my contribution to the esk8 community!

I just emailed another company as well to see whatā€™s up with this guy and how to get a sample or order anything or what the deal is. http://battery.kokpower.com/10s15a20a30a40a-c-107_155/bms-specifications-for-10s-60a-liion-battery-packs-p-821.html

They have a funny name. Iā€™m still giggling inside.

2 Likes

@longhairedboy nice! Itā€™s got heatsinks and looks over-engineered, in that good way! I found one at Bestech that is similar. Heheh re: their name! I guess they donā€™t do a ton of market research :smile:

if weā€™re going to do another group buy, it should be for BMSs. I would buy 3 or 4 of them.

I have 5 Shenzen 10S 30Amp BMSs sitting on my bench and i canā€™t touch them because theyā€™re allocated for space cell repairs. At least i think theyā€™re 30 amp. They may be the 60 amp variation. Meanwhile i canā€™t order any of my own from anyone, which is more infuriating than getting my hair caught in the dremel that one time.

But iā€™m sure as soon as i found a supplier and got a sample theyā€™re go out of stock or out of business anyway, especially if i put it on instagram with any sort of good information. Maybe i should just take pics of my fucking food instead.

1 Like

Iā€™m down I need a bms. Lol

So this is the BMS that I used on my last project, itā€™s from Bestech. BTW this is how you fit 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bucket! They have a minimum order of two and they were like $120 for both with shipping and what ever other charge they added. BTW that one LHB linked earlier, keep in mind it doesnā€™t have a connection for a switch, that needs to be factored in on the price. I specifically requested a connection for a switch! Otherwise you end up spending another $40-60 on an external high power switch.

Almost finished product!

5 Likes

yeah i keep hearing Bestech is the way to go. Iā€™m going to start harass them now.

@longhairedboy If you end up having to buy a certain amount, just count me down for one, and Iā€™ll paypal you some $$ for the BMS and shipping.

1 Like

I think i can do better than that. Our buddies at liion wholesale may be willing to do a group buy on the Shenzen BMSs weā€™ve seen in such elegant packs as the Space Cell. I offered some preliminary specs to see if they could do it, such as 60A/80A-ish , softswitch, solder points for fuel guage, heat sensors, and asked if they could have the fuel guage on but not the mains output while powered off and charging.

iā€™ll post thier reply when i get it and then maybe start a thread and get orders from you guys if they can do it.

3 Likes

You daā€™ man!! Iā€™ve been harassing vendors as well. With less than amazing results. Sounds like a killer BMS! Iā€™m on the edge of my seat. And of course, Iā€™m in. :alien:

Iā€™m in for a 10s bms.

@longhairedboy Iā€™m in for one! Maybe itā€™s time to start a BMS group-buy thread?

1 Like

just do it!

2 Likes

I need a bms too same isht!

FYI: Well looks like Batterysupports.com is back up and running. Apparently they were caught up partying like rockstars at the Qing Ming Festival.LOL

ā€œSorry about the delay reply, we were having Qing Ming Festival, business just resume today. We were having some technical problem with Paypal, that eBay failed to process with Paypal payment. The problem is resolved, you may order it now. Sorry about the inconvenience.ā€ Regards Lilian SuPower Battery Customer Support eBay ID: supowerbattery111

You know they tore some shit upā€¦ :smiling_imp:

2 Likes