18650 group buy (EU) CLOSES SOON!

Maybe you just have a look into the first post of this thread … :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry. I was from phone and it gets troublesome sometimes to scroll till beginning. Have you contacted them? Do they give discounts for 200, 300 or 500 cells, too?

yes they do. Buy 10 times for €4.00 Buy 40 times for €3.90 Buy 100 times for €3.80 Buy 200 times for €3.80 Buy 500 times for €3.70 Buy 1000 times for €3.60

We´re at 160 cells at the moment for 3,80€/Cell

1 Like

Have you guys looked at Sony’s VTC6’s? By far the best performing cell at currents above 10A. Voltage sag is minimal and heating only becomes an issue with continuous 15+A.

The Samsungs 30Q and LG HG2, although great at handling the voltage sag above 10A, have issues with heat at any continuous discharge above 10A. Plus both of these have worse total capacity than VTC6s in my tests.

If you aren’t going above 10A/cell. I recommend the Panasonic GA’s. They do not heat up any more than the other cells at these currents, but provide a whooping 10% increase in capacity. The trade being power as the voltage sag is real with these…

I assume the second name for thesse panasonic GA cells are sanyo cells… at least that’s how I recognize a cell with 10A discharge and about 3.150 ah capacity…

Though, it looks like at least 6+ of these in parallel would be needed, perhaps even 8P to have a bit more room.

That would make a really nice ~18-22 ah pack, of course… but with relatively big size, as a lot of longboard ppl probably make something like 3P / 4P

If i remember correctly the vtc6 performs worse than the hg2

Edit: found it

Yep. Same cell. Sanyo is owned by panasonic, sorry for the confusion.

This is ai a continuous discharge of 10A

Not according to this graph, I cannot share my research (work related) but my work usually confirms Henrik’s results. I will tell you that if youre running HG2 above 15A, you need some serious airflow over them. In lab conditions, they heat up from 25c to 85-90c during discharge. The spec sheet says max temp during discharge is 60c or 70c. Cant remember. While the VTC6 max temp is 80c.

Below 15A, if what youre looking for is power then the VTC6 is it, as shown above…

Hi there…

I’m in with 100 cells. So if there is someone from Europe who needs 30Q cells please post here how many you need…

The order will be set till the next week.

Greetings from Germany :slight_smile: Ron

I´ll order them end of the week, so pn me if someone else is interested! 3,55€ for Samsung 30Q Shipping 6,64€ to EU people Also nickel strips if you need some.

What type of nickel strips are you going for? I see they added new ones with slots - that could be interesting but is only worth it if you get 10m

for me standard 10mm 0,15mm. Only worth if you take some batteries too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would u weld them if asked? Just welding, I can then solder but don’t have a spot welder

That is why I asked - if you guys happened to get the slotted nickel I would be more interested to join and get 30 batteries as well. You are not interested in the slotted version? Seems like a nice upgrade…

I can for a little fee, I just have to sort out shipping costs after that. Pn me if you´re interested and tell me how much cells you need and where you´re from.

you can take whatever you want with your batteries, no problem! I think i´ll order some too, to compare them.

I guess I did not make it clear: Personally I will never need that much nickel to get to 10m (which is the only reasonable amount). It is only worth doing if other people also chime in and we share the strips in the end. Keep in mind they are double the width - so you only need half the length if you cut them to size. I will only need maybe 3m. So we need another 7m until it is worth buying for me.

keep in mind that anything above 100Wh will not be able to be easily sent. The only company sending dangerous goods is DPD. And you will need to declare it properly. It is a pain and I wonder how people like @unik and @esk8 do it.

we don’t do it and stay within the regulations.

but you do: http://www.unikboards.com/en/boutique/pack-boitier-batterie/ That is a 10S3P battery with more than 200Wh - how do you send this to people?