16/40 and 16/44 on 107s - What's your experience?

Hey! sole reason is to reduce slippage!

I usually carve around 15-25 mph depending on space available. I rarely go above 28, sometimes i’ll hit 35+ for the thrill. I am now gearing down so i’ll have a 32 ish max, which is more than enough. I too enjoy 15mph carving and observing scenery to whooshing past everything. I only go fast when I wanna prove how powerful my board is. Mostly to those pre-built boosted shills at school :smiley:

1 Like

So I have 15/40 on 107s.

200kv 6369s

10s6p

Each Focbox:

65 motor max -50 motor min

50 battery max -12 batt min.

It hits right about 28 maybe 29 mph. It has a ton of acceleration but, kinda feela like when you hit the top speed, there should be more.

I need some more speed. Torque is great, but I want to hit at least low 30s.

I am going to slide the batt max to 60amp per focbox, they are on a 1/4" heat sink.

So, you guys think 15/36 Or 18/40?

I say these two combos because I have both of these options on the way

@Deckoz what do you suggest? This is on my Lacroix.

20180814_150620

3 Likes

@Sender, do you by chance have a set of Boa’s? Wondering if anyone that has a set of 107’s can tell me which they like more? ABEC 107s or Boa’s?

By the way, stop making nice ass boards. Makes me want to run my shit into a wall.

1 Like

No Boas yet. But I really want to try a set as well!

I would love to run 18/40 on some of those Boas.

2 Likes

Any reason you didn’t go 12s for the speed?

Not Deckoz but I’m gonna chime in anyway cause I’m nosey. Won’t be long; 18/40 would definitely give you more top end speed, seeing as it’s a reduction of about 2.22 15/36 is about 2.4 which is more torquey. 15/36 and 16/40 are more comparable for similar torque. But for sure 18/40 more speed :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Damn, i’ll be getting Boas with 14/44 pulley ratio next week. Seeing all the 16/40 or 44 ratios are making me think i should’ve gone with 16 haha.

1 Like

Well it really fit the enclosure a bit better. I do kinda wish I had. Oh well, I have 12 s on my Bludgeon.

3 Likes

Yeah i’d Place an order for 16t if i was you :joy:. You might encounter some gnarly skipping with that 14/44. Lots of torque and if you don’t have some nice idlers you’re probably gonna get skipping

2 Likes

Fortunately I’m using dual idlers so it should be all good, just some sacrifice in speed I guess.

Put a 16t on the motor…?

1 Like

For sure, ordered some. I am wondering if I could do 18t or if that would just murder my torque.

I want to bump yp settings to

70/-60 motor

60/-15 battery How high do you go up comfortably on settings?

One of the benefits of using large wheel pulleys is because you can always increase the motor pulley teeth – but if it’s 15 you can’t really decrease it

I’d try 17/40 which should give less rolling resistance and be less likely to skip

1 Like

Thats what I am really leaning towards and upping my amp limits a bit to help out with the torque decrease due to the new ratio.

I have a big 1/4" hunk of aluminum thermal taped to the enclosure and the FOCBOXs so hopefully that will help the system handle the settings…?

Personally, I think topping-out around 28mph is perfect and don’t see the problem :slight_smile: That’s what I aim for actually

2 Likes

Yeah…i thought that 30 would be perfect for this setup, but it is stable as FUCK yet also super carvey so it feels like it could definitely handle the speed. And going fast is fun AF

1 Like

Going fast is fun AF. But I like to stay in the sweet zone where I’m going fast enough to have fun and to get places quickly: fast enough to get hurt badly if I fall – but not so fast that falling means I’m gonna die LoLz

For me, right around 28mph is about my speed I am comfortable never exceeding. There are certain places where I could safely go faster but overall I think that’s perfect for me

3 Likes

Do you have any clue where to find 17t 15mm motor pullies? I can’t hunt them down anywhere.

1 Like

Beltingonline.com

1 Like

Nope; I wasn’t able to find them either. Maybe @dickyho knows if they are available

2 Likes