$15/20 Boardnamics Caliber Motor Mounts

Those are the Flipsky 6354

1 Like

This is one of many reasons I do not like nor recommend bearings with built-in spacers. Like Zealous.

Those are good for exactly one thing, and this is a DIY forum, we like to make new stuff, and those bearings are the ā€œAppleā€ of the DIY world. You canā€™t do anything except the one thing they were designed to do from the factory.

3 Likes

Keep in mind there made not made for Esk8, so comparing them to apple might be a little overkill

Boosted Board is more like apple and Bearings with spacers built in are like trying to use a women shoe on a men. For what its made for its great, but for what we use it for its not always going to work.

1 Like

Are you using them w 70mm axles? Somehow, I canā€™t get mine to work. It hits the trucks when it spins.

No. 80s on one, 90s on the other. I also have 2-3 bearings in each pulley.

2 Likes

That makes a lot of sense now. I have @marcmt88 mounts. Crossbar is too short for 80mm axles so I opted for 70mm.

You got me thinking now. I will try this again w a different width size bearing on the inner end of the pulley like what it came w but 10mm size hole instead of 8mm.

Thanks!

1 Like

@Boardnamics, are you going to start any models with holes for crossbars? I want to grab a set of the mounts, but I just canā€™t feel safe putting two Maytech 170KV 6374ā€™s on something without crossbars and an underside bash mount. I do have access to the equipment to make the needed modifications myself, but I donā€™t really know if thereā€™s space on the mount to properly do so. (Havenā€™t looked over a diagram yet)

All the mounts I make now have holes for pulley covers and crossbars. Theyā€™re 4.3mm in diameter :slight_smile: @s5300

2 Likes

Oh really? Did not know this. Im even more excited to get my mounts now.

2 Likes

Cheaper price on quality mounts and a crossbar??? What??? Can I get some machine gun mounts

1 Like

Nice. A bit of sanding of the rough edges and a spray of flat black and boom.

Aaaand it will eventually get scratchedā€¦

20190331_142942

8 Likes

Iā€™d love an anodized black version! Let me know when they are available and Iā€™ll buy them! :slight_smile:

Glad to hear! Yes the samples looked very nice. And I canā€™t scratch it off with a knife either as it is a thick layer that is bonded to the aluminum itself.

Getting half the batch anodized on Monday.

3 Likes

Those are really nice looking. Canā€™t wait to see the surfrodz mounts and wheel pulleys.

2 Likes

am i allowed to ask what chemical your using to anodize? or is that a trade secret? also, im getting hyped for the new mounts with cover holes! i think i might snag a pair when they are out.

1 Like

I outsourced the anodizing so Iā€™m not entirely sure. I could of done it myself but DIY anodizing only achieves a thin coat that u can rub off easily. Iā€™ll leave it to the pros :smiley:

Raw version is getting tumbled so the finish on those is also improved.

4 Likes

well thanks for the info. im seriously hyped to get some. not sure why everyone charges 40+ for a mount. yours are far better imo

1 Like

I am one of few that make it themselves.

When I went to get them tumbled at a machine shop yesterday, I asked how much they would charge to make them, just out of curiosity. He replied with $15-20.

4 Likes

Yo @Boardnamics

Nice stuff you have going on here :slight_smile: if I order a set now, the mounts come with holes for a diy crossbar? I think that seals the deal for me

8 Likes

@barajabali Yep. Every model (50mm, 63mm, idler) has the holes. I might be able to offer the corssbars soon too.

2 Likes