$15/20 Boardnamics Caliber Motor Mounts

omg this is so good. I’ve been looking for some mount that’s simple like TB’s and still affordable. Yours seems to be perfect!

1 Like

@Boardnamics, I think your strategy is working :smiling_imp:

1 Like

What width of belt supports the motormount with belt tensioner? max 12mm or more?

Check a few posts up and he says what he uses.

These are pretty solid mounts and at this price, and made in the USA, this is a downright steal

3 Likes

Oh thanks i completely read past that, so 15mm width pretty good

1 Like

You vouch for them? I’m thinking of using these for the dual 5055 build.

I had one before and it was solid.

3 Likes

You could buy up all of Johnny’s “pulley kit’s” and then sell total motor mount and pulley kits.

My plan is to sell complete drivetrains for caliber E trucks. The pulleys would be a challenge to machine but possible.

1 Like

don’t machine basic pulleys go for chains if your makeing something. People who love belts will still buy the chains for science.

Just buy a few sprockets and drill holes in em thats it.

There is always gonna be a drivetrain debate. There’s threads on it all the time. If I were to do pulleys, I’d buy pulley stock and cut it to 15mm slices.

Sprockets, not sure

i might have a chain drive train in the makes :smiley:

Just need to make some 3d printed parts somehow

3 Likes

Factory in full swing IMG_20181108_170339578

I made a mirror copy of the idler arm so now if you order 2 idler mounts, the idlers will be on the same side. This was requested for a while :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I’ve ordered a total of 4 mounts a few days ago. Pls tell me this is what I’m getting I’d hate to have one idler facing the wrong direction :grimacing:

1 Like

They all will be the correct mirrored pairs

3 Likes

did anyone mention that a lil groove or notch where the idler pulley nut is is helpful? just a thought… on my marc mounts I like how it holds the nut for me when tightening down the idlers instead of needing an extra tool to hold if/when it spins… this is one thing Im thinking about on this dickyho mount im using for a diff board.

1 Like

Yee. Thank you :+1:t3:

Are you milling that by hand or a really big router?

1 Like

Ah nice picture, on the site it says that the idler version is capable for wheels bellow 97mm, would 97mm be possible?