$15/20 Boardnamics Caliber Motor Mounts

Ok how can I order them. Your website says out of stock.,… eBay? Or PM you? I’m in Long Beach so shipping should be easy.

1 Like

Oh, didn’t know my website was out. I’ll fix that.

Will the 50mm mounts be restocked?

Soon but not yet. I’m not home until Monday which is when I will tackle all this.

2 Likes

Fasteners are in…time to complete the 500 sets :crazy_face: IMG_20190225_141114864 IMG_20190225_140723142 IMG_20190225_141155617

20 Likes

Where do you buy your raw aluminium? And how do you make the holes for the tightening screws on the clamps?

1 Like

I buy it locally. Prices are crap though because of the tariffs. :frowning: I use a drill press and a jig to drill the clamp holes. Not very fun drilling the same holes 2000 times lol

4 Likes

Mine arrived a month after i canceled my order. It works well, however, the bolts to hold the motor were too short for me to use. Not a big deal since most motor mount kits don’t provide bolts. I found it to be the easiest motor mount to align and tighten onto the truck. I’ve tried five different motor mounts. including two models from psychotiller, one from torqueboards, and the boardnamics is my favorite…

3 Likes

Maybe I included the wrong screws? Can u give me details as to what was included? The ones I include will give 5mm of threads

I am not worried about the screws man, I have plenty of screws. I tend to use the 8mm thread screws myself, that way I can attach the motor to the mount loosely so it slides, and I can set my belt. Like I said, most kits don’t even provide those screws.

I have been using it for about a week and it has not moved, or vibrated loose, or caused me any problems at all.

Boardnamics is my current favorite motor mount.

6 Likes

could you make a large truck hangar shaped rail that can hold a bunch of mounts and then you could cnc the holes into them? I imagine it would be much easier to do a few hundred at a time and have flawless holes on each.

I’ve had thoughts on using the CNC to do the holes, but it’s hard to make sure each clamp is in it’s perfect spot. Every fixture I make has a tolerance, and even the parts themselves come out sliiightly different. If I were to CNC multiple clamp holes at once, the inaccuracy in their positions add up significantly. It’s very easy for me to chamfer one part at a time vs 50 for the same reason. Besides, I can drill quite fast on the drill press, it just gets tedious after 500 or so.

In planning on buying a manual mill which will make the holes even easier, and help me surface my parts more accurately. The plan is to make bearing pulleys for kegel and flywheel next

4 Likes

Yes please. Make sure there’s clearance for surfrodz trucks.

6 Likes

Pulled a set off eBay, and it’s a terrific deal. Thanks for making these available at such a great price.

2 Likes

Also make sure the inside of the pulley fits easily-obtainable bearings, so a standard size like 22mm or 26mm

@Skunk what clearance do the Surfrodz hangers need?

Caliber 2 need about 23mm but clearance for 22mm is easily obtained by slightly filing the corners of the truck hanger

Whats the current wait time

You weren’t asking me but surfrodz TKP is a 19.1mm hex which means that you would need just about 22mm of clearance, 22.055mm.

RKP is tough cause the hanger isn’t the same cross section, but definitely more, like 26mm

3 Likes

Hard to say. At this exact moment in time, the 600 Caliber II clamps are done cutting but no holes. I am currently in the process of becoming an LLC as well. Also, I am refreshing all of the pictures, website, and logo because it’s all so outdated.

I have tkp clamps, paris clamps, pulley covers, new hardware, and new surface finishes that all don’t have official pictures! Aaah!!

Still more things to make like evolve supercarve mounts and MBS mounts

6 Likes

I think something in this direction will give maximum compatibility with different trucks. ** Not to scale **

IMG_2528

4 Likes

I really like the two bearings side-by-side like that (with a 1mm speed washer in the middle) as that puts the bulk of force on the axle and not trying to twist the pulley in the wheel hub.

1 Like