$15/20 Boardnamics Caliber Motor Mounts

blinking_guy

Part of your drive-train is masking tape?

Masking tape should never be used for anything except painting, but this is just WTF

14 Likes

Are you saying that you donā€™t make your motor mounts out of tape?? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

image That metal bit is tape yes, its solid as a rock and slightly larger than it needs to be. The bearings arenā€™t even in solid contact with it and there is no movement. Its laminated masking tape so it should be highly water resistant, and the absolute worst that could happen would be bearing movement then failure which leads to belt skipping which happened with the old idlers anyway

Hi @Boardnamics,

Does your shipping method still includes tracking ? I read it is in an older post on this thread (around #213) but I paid a week ago and still havenā€™t got any tracking information. Is it too early ?

My shipping is always trackable. One thing to note however is that for international shipments, once they leave the US, they are no longer tracked accurately. I will send you an email with tracking details.

2 Likes

Ok, thank you for those clarifications !

I will be buying 15mm wide belts on my next order from my supplier. They will be 270mm long and intended for the non-idler version of the mount. It covers basically all the common ratios like 36/13 to 40/16. They will be an additional accessory available for $4

1 Like

Slightly bad news. Got a quote from one anodizing place and for type II anodizing it would be about $6 per mount which is more than I wanted it to be by quite a big margin. This was for 250pcs to be anodized. :frowning: Iā€™ll see if I can find anything cheaper but I doubt it

1 Like

Thats better then near me, 120 for your mounts and a set of tkp mounts.

$120 dollars for those parts anodized?

They said that its was half for the parts and half was if I wanted them within a months vs 4 months. Apparently there really busy with bigger orders so It wouldnā€™t be a priority unless I paid double.

Hmm. well Iā€™ll contact another company and see whatā€™s up. $6 a mount seems like a lot for something thatā€™s just appearance

1 Like

Have you looked into powder coating or would that not work?

500 mounts coming right up IMG_20190218_161345439 400lbs of 6061 hell yeah

15 Likes

Hey i received an email sunday with my tracking number and a copy of my receipt stating my order was completed . no rush just more of a question. Do you have any completed mounts youll be sending out? Or do you make then batch your orders together? Thank again

2 Likes

I have some left but not much. Some of them are missing a chamfer.

I ran out of idler hardware but Iā€™m picking up more this Friday, along with enough fasteners for the 500 mount batch. Iā€™m excited :smiley:

Also, the TKP and Paris clamps are done and fit great. Iā€™m having pictures taken soon so I can list them

5 Likes

@Boardnamics yeah Kev. Doing big things. Thats awesome.

2 Likes

Do you have any of the 63mm caliber 2 Non idler version In stock? I Purchased the non-idler version from you A while back But I want to put them on a different set up with 15 mm belts. Even if you just have the arms I would buy two of those. I donā€™t care if theyā€™re scratched up or whatever just trying to get them sooner than later. Let me know thanks!

I do have some 63mm non-idler left, and plenty of clamps. What I donā€™t have is idler hardware or 50mm mounts.

You made it out the minor leagues lol

1 Like