$15/20 Boardnamics Caliber Motor Mounts

Dome head bolt with nut on the inside? Maybe narrower bearings?

I have had people talk to me about clearance issues regarding the clamp bolt. I have decided to go with button head cap screws instead of the full socket for the clamp on my next run of 500 mounts.

BM8BSC_l This gains around 3mm of clearance but hey, it’s an easy fix at no penalty to strength, reliability, or cost so woohoo!

Also, clamp pieces will never be faced, only chamfered because they become too thin. Facing operation takes off about .3mm of width. Also, it makes almost no sense antithetically seeing as its mostly covered up.

Edit: It appears making the idler bolt button head is also a good idea?

4 Likes

Any update on pulley covers?

1 Like

With all the surfrodz stuff going on, I kinda put it on hold. I can print them and they’re done, but I feel like people wont like that they don’t print beautiful, just kinda okay. Strong but not really polished

2 Likes

i mean it is a diy community, people can always paint or anodize it themselves.

4 Likes

Yes, and some folks don’t have 3D printers

1 Like

i think hes referring to the clamps itself. not the pulley cover.

Nahh I was referring to the cover :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, I used a Button Head Cap Screw and out it through the opposite direction.

1 Like

28.50$ shipping. Wasn’t it 13$ international?

Nevermind. Found the Post.

I ordert two of these mounts… Is it possible to modify the idlers for 15mm belts? I havent seen that the idlers are jsut for 12mm belts and i am on 15mm.

Yes, you can make idlers from a M6 shoulder bolt + bearings, just get a longer M6 sholder bolt and it should work if you secure it down. I made my own idlers for janux mounts and they’re solid, I didn’t even use a shoulder bolt, i used a regular old M6 bolt, then i wrapped masking tape around the end of it to make it flat and put the bearings on there. Works like a charm, is longer and solid.

Edit: watch out though, large enough wheels will have clearance issues

These looks good! So you just changed to another screws and that’s all?

When will the Caliber II mounts be back in stock?

I am beginning a big batch of 500 mounts next week. So far I am thinking 100 SR TKP, 300 Caliber II, and 100 Paris/universal.

I am also looking into anodizing a portion of them black and maybe another color if there is demand for it.

4 Likes

Black seems to be the go to color. I’d be up for whatever.

3 Likes

Have you decided if you will be sharing the files yet?

2 Likes

I can design a pulley cover for you if you give me the dimensions of the holes and the edges drawn on a paper.

1 Like

I already designed em. I will upload them later

1 Like

Yeah. That’s it.