12s5p 30Qs charge rate?

Screenshot_20181218-004922_Chrome

1 Like

Isn’t that only for discharge?

So, move the B1 balance lead from cell group B1 to the Positive of cell group B12? I’m just trying to make sure I am understanding this correctly, not being argumentative.

No the B1 balance lead goes to the B1+ p-group. Take a look a Bestech’s diagram, it’s all in there. It’s getting late here guys, I am going to sleep. See ya…

Kinda, some bmss are meant to have that b0 (the balance lead on the negative of the pack) some are not. It just depends. If the bms has 12 wires you leave it off, if it has 13 you add it. The wire like @taz said however needs to be there as the b12

2 Likes

OK, but I can’t tell what the arrows on the pic @taz made are pointing at. The manual for the D140 says the balance leads are NEG connections. While it is technically a charge/discharge BMS in my illustration it is wired for charge only, which I understood meant the POS connection was NOT used. Is that incorrect? If so please just tell me what wire needs to move from which point to which point.

Ok sorry for the bad drawing I’m on mobile, but basically with your bms the b- or b0 doesn’t need to be connected to the balance wire connector. As can be seen in the bestech wire schematic if you read the PIN numbers on the board there is no wire going to b-. This means the balance lead that goes from the neg of the battery shouldn’t be there. However I don’t think it would pose a problem if it was connected.

As I also drew the balance lead from the positive side of the battery was missing. This must be connected so that the last cell of the pack is monitored/balanced. It will be b12.

I am still confused, the X I see on the the drawing above is on B1 balance wire. So you are saying that the B1 balance lead and the B- negative lead should not be there and that Balance wire B12 goes to the positive of cell group B12?

Ok, that wire that I crossed out is not b1. B1 is the positive side of the cell. I crossed out b0 which is not used in this case. In the diagram I put below you will see what I meanimage

1 Like

no. you’re wrong. the diagram clearly sais it’s “discharge only”, so I assume the charging and balancing wires are broken or not connected.

Its charge only, apparently I fucked the whole thing up

1 Like

I would really appreciate it if someone would just draw whats its supposed or tell me the label(s) of the lead that needs to move and label(s) of where it needs to move too because I still do not understand.

But there is no way for the BMS to know the voltage of the first P-pack, it is 100% wrong

Look at the red wire @pat.speed put in there

Functionally, the BMS has to compare voltages between two consecutive balance leads for any sort of protection to kick in. If you leave out any balance lead the protection circuits can’t determine if there’s an overcharge problem.

aesthetically pleasing though :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Tired and with a headache, but hopefully I managed to get it right. If not, let me know and I’ll burn it, chop it and flush it.

Charge only.

DSC_0096-01

2 Likes

This, this is the correct wiring. Although some bmss will have an extra wire going from here into the connector for a total of 13 balance wiresimage

4 Likes

This? only up to 10a though. https://www.amazon.com/TekPower-TP6010E-Adjustable-Switching-Digital/dp/B015QHVJR4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1545094633&sr=8-3&keywords=60v+power+supply+10a

1 Like

Thank you for that, I really do appreciate it. I’m just trying to understand here, please just work with me.

I see this… image Does that mean all the balance leads go to the positive side of the cell groups?

I see this… image Does that mean that Balance Lead B12 is functionally connected to both the Positive of cell group B12 and the pack as a total?

Lastly this… image Does that mean that the charge port negative is connected to P- and the charge port positive is connected to cell group B12 as well as the balance lead B12 and the entire pack positive?

1 Like

Yes, I am pretty sure that’s what it’s is meant to be. The reason b12 is on the positive is so that the bms can measure the last cells voltage. If there is no lead on the positive side it cannot do this as to measure voltage you need both the anode and cathode

2 Likes