12s5p 30Qs charge rate?

It doesn’t matter which side the balance wire is on, it can be on the negative of each p group or the positive, they are both connected together anyway so it makes no difference

2 Likes

B- and B0 are the same electrically but typically a small guage wire is B0 and a large gauge wire is B-

3 Likes

I looked at it, and didn’t notice. Sorry :expressionless:

1 Like

Oh ok, that’s counter intuitive to me atleast. But I didn’t know that. Thanks.

That is correct. I just pointed out that in the case of the D140 they are both labelled B-.

1 Like

Hey Guys, I’ve been meaning to bring this to your attention. I know a lot of people have used the D140 too much success, myself included. The one problem that we have had with it was its size and the absence of protection. we have found an alternative that is self-contained and protected, smaller as well. the HCX-127 10s and 12s the HCX-124 10s pictured with the D140 IMG_0990 189FA7A1-4277-4C74-ADAB-D938B2A38C80 9E954FFB-C3C3-4F49-9868-186FB07AB7E7 1BD398DA-F755-47ED-AABB-8C19AB6BC352 1F723A25-E272-4433-86D0-38D53FB78B7A

1 Like

10S:

The HCX-D239 looks great if you’re using lipo instead of li-ion cells. It’s very, very similar to the HCX-D124 except can charge at 8A instead of 4A and has voltage settings slightly better for lipo.

and then, of course, the Cadillac of bms the tiny bms programable and communication 56%20AM

To me, Cadillac that is not. More things to fail. Too many features.

When streetface is the failure mode, I don’t want to take extra chances.

Cadillac in price for sure, one of the best bms units on the market for what it does. is it something esk8 friendly, no cost alone sends it down the road… I would like to see a bms that is durable with communication for pack diagnosis

A simple beep would be nice from a tiny piezo buzzer if there are non-critical problems

And some magic smoke or flames if critical problems. Anything to keep you well informed of pack status.

5 Likes

Got a link? To this or the prior one you linked?

The tiny bms : https://www.energusps.com/shop/product/tiny-bms-s516-150a-750a-36

Too much information really. I put a turbo boost monitor on my 4wd and then suffered from anxiety everytime it went above 18. Took it off now I sleep again. Don’t do bluetooth, Don’t do any of the other stuff that can interfere with me actually riding the board. I don’t need to know if hill B caused a voltage spike, I don’t need to know if I drew 80 amps or 60 amps going up hill A. What I don’t want is something else that can fail while hurtling down a hill at 40mph. Maybe reset my vesc or shut the battery down. I know its charge only but seriously how much info do you really need? Keep it simple stupid safe. I like the external balancer that @SkaterBoy58 has come up with. Go back to balancing outside the enclosure like rc. More space for batteries equals more power :sunglasses:

having the bms on the outside seems safer. Don’t want anything else that could possibly break and cause an accident. that’s a bigger worry for me than a fire. I was looking at @SkaterBoy58 thing but its more than I want to do but like to make a simpler version. was going to do a version with 12 little lipo chargers but was told it might blow up with the common ground. I still don’t know if I believe it! ahhhaaaha Do it.

1 Like
1 Like

HCX-127 bms http://litechpower.com/ Just a small note on li-tech power and bestech, they are the same company or sister companies.

Got a link to @SkaterBoy58’s bms? I think mine has carked it

On his build thread.

1 Like