12s 8 amp hour slim lipo NEW US only

I can see it now…

“BREAKING NEWS VEGAS LOCAL SKATER WRAPPED AROUND TREE LIKE FRUITROLL UP”

No but seriously, what will I finding out later?

2 Likes

mmmm I love rollups

2 Likes

HAHA that actually made me laugh

2 Likes

Sorry did you mean 10c? And I’m glad I made you laugh hahah

:joy::joy::joy: dude me too!!!

1 Like

Nooo, I meant 20c, 10x2=20

2 Likes

Oh Jesus duh. My bad. Forgot c rating adds up too.

Haha we all have those moments :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’ve read about voltage sag. but can’t quite wrap my head around it. What is the main symptom during riding of voltage sag?

I’m an expert on voltage sag: Voltage sag is when your VESC/Motor demands a bunch of current from your batteries, resulting in a temporary drop in cell voltage, doesn’t hurt anything tho. Basically, when you come to the top of a long hill you may see your voltage monitor going up, that is your batteries recovering from voltage sag. Again, voltage sag doesn’t cause any problems at all to any components on your board

1 Like

Also would you really get voltage sag if you’ve got 20c 8Ah batteries? That’s 160 amps. Seems like plenty to me.

Seems like it, but isn’t. Atleast not with Li-Ions it’s not… Yes, yes, I know “Li-Pos have higher energy density, your just a wannabe”, no. I’m just saying he will probably experience a minor amount of voltage sag. Sorry if it sound like I’m getting defensive but I can already hear all those Lipo lovers telling me I’m wrong :joy:

1 Like

With lipos it’d be only a volt or two at most wouldn’t it? Not really sure why you’re bringing li-ions up when @StormTrooperBert is running lipos.

I think I will become a lipo lover just because they’re so easy to get hold of, and cheap, but I’m not yet, haven’t done enough riding on any kind of battery to really have a preference :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yea it’ll be a small amount of sag, nothing noticeable to him. I really hope @barajabali turned off notifications for this thread… :joy:

1 Like

lol me too :stuck_out_tongue:

If I could split it I would, but I’m only a regular :tired_face:sorry @barajabali

Okay so lipos occasionally having to “re-coup” at the top of hill or extra high load situations. Makes sense. And this is a part of the “mad inefficiency” you were saying earlier @GrecoMan ? Also range degrades as well which makes sense…what do you think max range would be if you had to guess? Mostly flat terrain here in Vegas. I know some other variables come into play. I was getting a consistent 6.1-6.2 miles from my 6s setup. Would you say it was be slightly less than double due to the efficiency crutch?

It won’t effect inefficiency at all but if you’ve got the 16,000 mah ones and ride at 20-25mph you should be getting 10-15 miles of range

Nope i got 2 of the 8000mah ones.

1 Like

That seems like low range for 16Ah battery. Bert has the 8Ah packs and I would estimate more like 15-20 miles based on @MysticalDork’s very rough estimate of 1km per 10Wh.

1 Like