12s 8 amp hour slim lipo NEW US only

Lol I’m gonna upgrade to 8s on my build soon I GOT THE NEEEEEEED FOOOOR SPEEEEEEEED!!!

1 Like

Okay if that’s not an issue then what’s the REAL drawback of the motor not being able to wind out to its full potential?

lol I’m 110kg (about 240lbs) and 6S has been heaps of fun for the 40 minutes or so I’ve ridden with the belt slipping every time I accelerate or brake :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll be upgrading it to 9S soon so that’ll be even more scary :smiley:

1 Like

Dude SAME hahah

Make an idler and no belt slippage guaranteed

1 Like

Going to :slight_smile:

It’s pretty easy, what’s keeping you from doing it now?

1 Like

Limited space. Hard to fit things behind the wheel.

1 Like

Oh also if you run a 15mm belt you won’t get any slippage either and the torque transfer is incredible :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Well you’ll be running at slightly decreased efficiency, which means the battery will be used up faster (only slightly) and your top speed will be (again slightly) limited. However once the battery drop below about 3.8v the eRPM will be below 60k, so for the majority of the time you’re riding you’ll have full efficiency anyway. Only at full charge will it go above 60k.

1 Like

I threw another 3s on for 9s I had lying around and got this

I almost shit myself.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve got a 15mm setup arriving tomorrow (or hopefully today so I can get it bored and drilled at the engineering place tomorrow). Going to use an idler as well so 0 slippage :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m running single 9mm right now with no idler and no slippage, ordered another 15mm belt from @jlabs though

1 Like

No idea how, mine slips like hell even at high tension. What size pulleys do you have? Mine’s 14t to 30t. Thinking if you’ve got a larger motor pulley that might be why it doesn’t slip. Also I weigh 110kg so that might be contributing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I used 12 to 40 with no issues

This makes PERFECT sense. Beautifully explained. Thank you thank you thank you. Will post ride data on this setup for you guys once it’s all rigged up.

1 Like

Also did you get the 10c multistars ?

Yes. Please stop giving me bad news. :joy:

No bad news to give, you’ll find out later…

Haha that leaves you in the dark, 20c discharge is just fine, nothing to worry about, I used it I’m my build without a problem. You may just experience a bit of voltage sag