10S and 12S adjustable charger from China - groupbuy - Worldwide!

@PXSS @kovjanos

We are talking about getting each item shipped to individual addresses. I probably unlikely that it will be stopped but if so then VAT limit into the UK is £15 so there is potential for a charge. You would then be libel for 20% of value inc shipping. Duty doesn’t apply on anything under £135 so nothing to worry about there.

UK plug for me please (will there be any internal difference between US / UK / EU ones with the difference in voltage? Is this even required if it is being stepped down and regulated?

Looking forward to hear what they come back with.

UK plug is 6 or 3?

Haha sorry its 6

1 Like

Put me down for EU plug pls. Either 3 or 5 since both are European

1 Like

Sorry, but I can’t step in: as Norco mentioned, it’s above the VAT limit…
R, Janos.

@Pedrodemio which outlet do you guys use. US or Eu style?

This is what Norco said, it seems you misread it

Duty doesn’t apply on anything under £135 so nothing to worry about there.

yep, tax even for 1 charger, tax+customs for group by shipped to the same address. having the largest tax rate even items sent to individual addresses would have a quite big overhead for me.

• do not forget that these crooks from Royal Mail charge you something like £12 to handle the administrative part when you have to pay additional taxes/VAT :scream:

If you get taxed it would only be €8 for a €40 purchase and this is less than that but ok I have taken you off the list!

Awaiting reply from seller

1 Like

No trying to talk you into it but no it wouldn’t. VAT is 20% regardless. So lets say final price for the charger is £25 then VAT would be £5 and as @jga point out handling cost from Royal Mail (which is actually £8) so worst case scenario would be that you had paid £38 for a charger that you cant get in the UK for less than £40.

As I have said this all depends on if it gets picked up.

Norcs

Tax is 27% for me (HU), handling fee is similar. If the same/similar charger from local store is similar or a bit more expensive, local is still better as it would have EU warranty.

1 Like

Sorry - thought you were in the UK. I guess we should import everything we can before it gets really expensive :sweat:

LOL I just realized, I might have to pay VAT for my Amazon UK shopping, two years from March

Top kek mate

1 Like

Number 3 please

for 22$ and free shipping in the usa you could charge at 400 watts with a safer regulated supply.

https://www.amazon.com/voltage-converter-switch-power-supply/dp/B01985WB2C/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1487012221&sr=8-9&keywords=48+volt+power+supply

Not at all what this thread is about…

so this thread is about getting the more expensive yet larger and heavier and maybe half as powerful and more inefficient method that isn’t as safe. carry on.

Please tell me how charging my 10S battery with a 48V power supply is safe. And while youre at it please point me to the knob so I can place the battery in storage.

there is a potentiometer on these things and they’re adjustable. the little knob is on the front left. i have one that’s rated at 48 and i can get it down to 9s what’s at the top of the thread is also a power supply with nothing to protect individual cells. it just feeds a pack max voltage. but with the linear supply, which is at the top of the thread, there’s more of a risk of not being at the voltage you intended as the house ac supply voltage will vary and effect the output as well as the battery resistance,…from what I read. it’s effectively a transfomer vs a switching supply (which i linked) which is more efficient and uses pwm (smaller lighter)

you need a voltmeter on either of these to be safe. I add a watt meter in line that also shows voltage and amp hours through