10S and 12S adjustable charger from China - groupbuy - Worldwide!

I suppose I could just bypass the discharge on the bms and get something like this. Might as well ask here but what are you guys doing about the charging port? I have seen many 5.1mm plugs but they dont seem to be rated for the amps?

I bought it through their eBay store and because I’ve had much difficulty getting anything shipped from them on a previous order l opted for express shipping which was still slow.

Digikey has many that are.

@TranxFu, a lot of what I’ve read about that power supply is that the range is too high for what I want but it’s a pretty good find!

Does this fit what you are looking for? It seems too good to be true for the price, $9.99 + Free Shipping… http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-110-220V-5A-10s-Charger-For-36V-37V-42V-45V-Lithium-Lion-Battery-240W/322414833571?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3D9c655ea3b51f49d6b1d9a33772e9531d%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D371796709866

1 Like

I dont know. The details dont say anything about voltage being adjustable and I’m wary of shopping through ebay and getting something other than what I need

Could you just add a step-down voltage regulator to your power supply? Run at full voltage for charging, and step it down for storage

Like this one here (But hopefully much cheaper): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FNVESV2/ref=twister_B01HCXSSA6

I’d be interested in a 12S adjustable power supply, but I feel I am in the minority. 10S seems to be much more popular here. Maybe you could expand the adjustability up to 50.4V to suit everyone?

I could but I’m really going for simplicity here. I am not the main user of the board. The board is for my girlfriend so I’m trying to make it as user friendly, hassle free (and cheap) as possible.

The less components I have, the fewer components can go wrong.

I’ll see what I can do. The lady I’ve been talking to has been very accommodating so far so I think I can make it happen as long as it doesn’t carry a premium.

Update to all: They’re asking for $50 without shipping so I’ll be passing on it but if anyone else is interested PM me and I’ll give you the contact details.

@treenutter, @Norco

2 Likes

How about this model they say it’s adjustable and have a lot in stock

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-Bike-36V-4-5A-10ah-Lithium-Battery-Charger-Lifepo4-Li-ion-Ebike-Scooter-/282349771486

I really like the look of that one and getting them to adjust the end voltage would be great too. I have messaged them to see what the best price would be if we were to order multiples and shipping to the UK for us EU guys.

Norcs

Thanks but that is more than I was looking to pay - this option that @smurf has found has potential. I have asked best price for UK shipping but perhaps if we have enough orders they would ship to 2 addresses? Will let you know when they come back to me.

1 Like

She came back to me overnight saying they can lower the price if they use plastic case. We’ll see how much it comes down.

Thanks @smurf for posting that. I will message seller to see if its a pot or a resistance they change. Either way, there’s potential to maybe even have it modded to sweep a range.

this option that @smurf has found

Maybe you should read your PMs more careful lol

Anyways, I messaged them a few days ago and this is what they replied

Hello, thanks for your message, yes, we can adjust the output voltage to 41V . you can order the charger directly if you need. and let us know the plug type also.

Best Regards Stephy

Haha sorry @jujet props to both of you then.

I think there must be a saving to be made for us EU guys if we buy together.

I would be wanting cutoff of 41v and probably the 2.1/5.5mm plug socket. (if someone can point me in the direction of a socket that would take the amps)

Happy to run a group buy for this if that’s what it takes.

Haha no prob man

I have two questions

1. Nevermind
  2. All plugs offered by them should take the amps, right? Why offer them if not lol

Ha I just edited that. I am sure the plug on the charger can take the amps but it is what you plug it into that I was looking for. E.g. something like this. http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/21-x-55mm-solderless-socket-n56gu

Hm

So male 5.5mm can deliver 4 amps, but the female can’t take that? I’m confused af

That socket looks good, but it doesn’t say if it can take 4amps or not

Do they have solder lugs or pins? That might be the bottleneck

Someone asked the question and they said it was good for up to 5amps but at 12v. This is where in need someone to point me towards something tested.

There are also ones like this… http://uk.farnell.com/switchcraft/712a/dc-power-jack-2-5mm-12vdc-5a-solder/dp/1608729

Stuck on this one.

thanks @PXSS do they suggest the shipping charges? Sometimes the shipping fee can ruin an otherwise good deal!

@smurf that seems like a promising option as long as the adjustment they make to the final charge voltage is accurate.

Everyone promise that they’ll keep a close eye on these “adjusted” chargers for the first few uses OK? If someone at the factory mistakenly makes the wrong adjustment you could accidentally overcharge your cells :rotating_light::fire_engine:

1 Like