10S and 12S adjustable charger from China - groupbuy - Worldwide!

.05 volts isn’t much and maybe if u fully charge it will come even closer together. I’d just balance them and keep going

1 Like

@H3rose hey man, would you share the manufacturer link? Maybe @OskarCastrone could send me a PM?

Im actually not entitely sure what @H3rose is referring to… :sweat_smile: I am happy to help though if you give me some info of what you are searching for

@Eboosted This is what I meant. @OskarCastrone posted this a while back.

Tranxfu are you still using this meanwell adjustable charger? Thinking of getting that one for a 12s pack

@Titoxd10001 yep, still using it. Adjusted it to 41,0 for my 10s pack. Its getting quite warm/hot during charging though. And its a bit on the heavy side. Adjusting voltage/amps is quite nice. I’ve got a cheap 42v for mobile use.

You’ll need one model up for 12s.

1 Like

Well, that sounds better than mine with fan, is making a lot of noise. Maybe I will try one of this meanwell as well. CIP, charging in peace.

Not to derail and think this GB is over but I bought this charger some time ago for a 10s and since then I’ve decide to make another build with 12s, does anyone know if I can charge 12s with it?

I’d love to see a version 2 of this GB, @PXSS would you be willing to organize it? :sunglasses:

Yeah, quite similar to my charger thoug, if it’s the same inside, yes you can, it has a pot for voltage and another for amps, just to open it is a pain in there.

1 Like

thanks for that, yes I must have a look inside with a voltage meter

For you who bought it… Dose this charger still work as you like it to?

Mine’s still chugging. Although I don’t use it as much anymore. How about the rest of you?

@Pedrodemio @Norco @jmasta @jujet

1 Like

Yep, but i just started using it it recently, no more than 20 charges, but my fan gone bad and it’s vibrating like crazy, you have to smack it a few times to spin properly

One thing that i’m trying to do is to lower the current, i don’t need 5A charge and my batteries would be happier charging slower, but no success so far. I tried modifying the shunt, next i will modify the current sensing circuit gain and see what happens

1 Like

Have you checked to see if your charger actually does 5A?

On my 12S version, it can only do 4A max, despite being labeled as 5A. The 10S one may be different

That said… I love mine. 4A is plenty fast for me. Haven’t had any problems with reliability and I don’t know how I could survive without the adjustable end of charge voltage

2 Likes

I checked, it does 4.48A if i remember correctly, on both my attempts of modifying the shunt the current got higher, more than 5A and shut down

My final plan to modify is to replace the potentiometer with a 3 way switch and make a two way switch for the current

So you tried modifying the shunt resistance to get lower current but got higher instead?

Yeah, but I probably screwed up the shunt resistance since I have no way to measure it and it was just a guess

If I increase the shunt resistance the current should go lower since you have a bigger voltage drop on the shunt right?

Cool - do you want to sell yours :slight_smile: I wrote YZPOWER ( it was there you bought them right?) And asked if they could make some more. I also asked for one with both adjustable cutoff and current. But they haven’t answered back.

is this still a thing here? need a 12S 5-6A charger…

1 Like