105mm airless tire hub motor

Yeah I have used 4V to calculate my voltage. Just a guess, 42V for a full battery and I know from my board (I got a 10S4P 30Q with the ownboard esc pulling max 18A) I got around 1V sag. So I took like 2V sag for the 10S2P 30Q.

I just discovered this hub motors this morning. I put a set plus a front set in the shopping cart and stop short of buying them. I’m thinking of getting them for a hummie board with a Flipsky dual VESC problem is I won’t be able to build it until beginning of October due to being away from home for work. I have two dual flipsky VESC I ordered from @hummie

BTW I was read in this thread that the hub motors were 48KV but I just received an email from Skullboard that says they are 64KV hub motors.

Not bad, with 65Kv motor you ahoudl get around 24mhp/39khm with 10s battery. They chose a lower Kv to compensate the wheel diameter and still provide good torque. The rubber tire should give a great grip. I will may get them. With a 12s should give you a great city board against bad routes.

1 Like

Work with koowheel. Confirm lol20180901_062348

3 Likes

Did you solder the bike connectors for the motor to the Koowheel ESC?

Why? it just plug in, Maybe i dont understand what you try to say

Ah ok because my Koowheel didn’t have the same connectors. Maybe I just don’t remember correctly anymore. Better like that

Let me show you15357978893018126994085216963494

2 Likes

I think I had the rubber potted ESC that’s why I never notice these connectors. Anyhow let we know how they ride. Seems a good solution for the city. Maybe paint them black and they will look sick :grin:. I did it for the Meepo hubs and they are much better to me.

1 Like

imageimage

Alright, tried out the Skullboard hubs + ESC on my Aileron. This replaced the wowgo 2s hubs/ESC. Already had a Wowgo 2s 10s2p Sanyo battery and just used that.

Miscellaneous: Paris V2 Trucks (back is just baseplate),1/4" shockpads, orangatang orange nipples bushings.

Comfort: Much more comfortable than the Wowgo 2s 90mm hubs. Rolled over cracks/bumps on NYC streets very well. Was okay even on the shorter board. Carving worked fine but I didn’t fully test that out yet:

Speed: lower torque than the Wowgo ESC/Hubs, so getting up to speed and climbing hills was not as good. Reached 24 mph, but took a little bit to get there. There is also more resistance when pushing. Depending on how you ride, the lowered torque may be a deal breaker. You may have better luck with a better battery and VESCs.

Battery: I haven’t fully tested yet so I won’t add details, but it seems like the battery depleted faster with this setup. It could have been that I was really pushing the speed and up hills, so I’ll have to keep testing.

Overall impressions: for now I’m happy, but it’s still new to me so I’ll have to keep riding to get out of my new toy honeymoon phase. My feet are thankful and it’s smooth. It seems like it might make a good daily driver for me at least in Manhattan.

Any questions lemme know.

9 Likes

Great man! Did you find them hotter than the other hubs? How many amp draws you ESC, like 18A per motor?

1 Like

I’m not sure how many amps, it’s the actual Skullboard ESC though.

They get warmer than the Wowgo motors. I only ran them about 7.5 miles though.

Could you still hold them? I would see a dual vesc attach them in order to get real data out of it and understand Kv and potential. A dual Flipsky (smaller in size) would cost you 130$ and you will get better performance overall.

Didn’t try to hold them. I’ll be checking on and off. Probably gonna leave it with the Skullboard ESC for now as it seems to perform well enough. Just wanted a good comfortable daily driver other than my boosted.

Gonna concentrate on finishing my Hummies deck build with way too much power. I’m since it’s my first “build” I’ll have plenty of problems. Lol.

1 Like

Any update on this @SKULLBOARD?

Indeed as city commuter they should be very good. Super grippy with the rubber tyre and smooth ride. Thx for the info and good luck with the build.

They wan’t all the arguments to make it a generic core… I have told them many arguments and I am waiting for return from them.

Don’t hesitate to give me some arguments to make them build those !!!

This wheels would be THE SHIT if they become available. The only argument they need lol

1 Like

anyone using vesc tested on this hub?:thinking::thinking: i need some review before place my order~~

1 Like