100mm Boa Constrictor wheels

Oh If only somebody could maybe test these & help me decide what set to buy this could be possible… very unlikely but possible. I think we have a dilema. lol

The rough stuff wheels are not too good mate, they just look pretty.

Jay boston just produced a video about them on yt

2 Likes

MBS vs rough stuff…

MBS wheels are great when shaved down. They’re like reboundy but not, wide and grippy,I dunno how to explain it. They’re great. And contrary to what everyone up there has said about square lipped wheels, I’ve never had my MBS chunk after shaving down to square lips. They’re litteraly the grippiest wheels I’ve tried. Can lean so far with them compared to any size abec or kegel, without slipping out.

@longhairedboy said it best.

The rough stuff on the other hand feel like big wheels(from a kids toy) even after shaving…hard…not comfy…not grippy

3 Likes

A different green (Neon)…

2 Likes

Thanks BigBrit! Found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWfTptk257U

Thats a shame because they look great! :persevere:

Is this a photoshop jobbie? (I’ve not seen them in that colour before…)

1 Like

Thanks a lot Deckoz!

How would you say the MBS compare unshaved? Are they still decent?

when my wheels come out there will be absolutely nothing like them, and they’ll probably be closer to $150 due to marketing/psychology reasons, not reasons related to what they actually cost me. It will allow me to constantly run discount codes and promotions and givaways while still making beer/rc car money.

8 Likes

Shaved or nothing…

Basically the unshaved ones are ok to ride on but I’d rather get 97 flywheels…unshaved isn’t really comparable on the street.

Shaved I’d rather have the mbs then my 107s

i’ll take those 107’s :wink:

No man, no Photoshop. That’s their real color. Neon Green, which I think is cool…

images!

1 Like

Just an update everyone – been riding these wheels hard. Not disappointed at all; definitely up there in the quality department.

9 Likes

And yet months later they still aren’t for sale…

1 Like

Yeah I hit up Jed on Instagram and they said they’d let me get a set, that was about months ago…they’re probably busy working on that noisy gear system

1 Like

I worked RC shop in the past, gear system can’t be quieter than belt. unless they case with some sound damp stuff. quietest gear system is hand drills, I doubt that will happen. otherwise they will have to fill gear with diff oil or something.

1 Like

We wanted to wait until we had stock ready to go before offering them up for sale. Be available at the end of the month at boawheels.com.

4 Likes

Typically RC car setups use spur gears, we don’t. :slight_smile: Don’t wanna de-rail this thread but we’ve made considerable changes to our drive unit and you’ll see in the next couple of weeks.

2 Likes

Website works now

Nice , anyone in for a group buy?

The 100mm ones?