100mm Boa Constrictor wheels

No point in pre ordering right now. There’s going to be lots of options when the pulleys get there, kegel/flywheel and 32/36/40/44T.

https://buildkitboards.com/products/pre-order-36t-kegel-pulley. I got an email today saying they are set to ship to the forwarder at the beginning of next week.

2 Likes

Take a look at Ollinboard. They got these aluminum wheel pulleys (Kegel style) which are a beauty…

http://www.ollinboardcompany.com/product/single-drive-ollin-revolver

Contact them. :telephone_receiver:

4 Likes

Exactly, I am sick of these 3D printed only (plastic) options for Kegel pulleys. I want affordable Kegel pulleys in aluminium.

1 Like

Those do look great! Too bad it’s not for sale just as a pulley. Not about to spend almost $300 for a single drive system…

Alien sells similar style Kegel pulleys but at a price tag of 25-30 pound a piece (excluding shipping) will end up quickly somewhere around AUD $250 for a set.

https://alienpowersystem.com/product-category/cnc-kit/transmission-parts/page/2/

1 Like

5:37 the user reports boa chunking in 3 days. any other users experience this? kinda to @mmaner point about there simply being more 107s in the wild, so although it seems like a lot of 107s chunk, we should be looking at number per total sold. I am curious though as to what boa users are experiencing with the production wheels

5 Likes

I was also very curious when I first watched this video as it contradicts pretty much every report from users here on the forum.

1 Like

That sucks I just ordered mine. Apparently from what I’ve read so far, with no pigment the color of the Boa formulat should be white, and I took the white ones. So hopefully I won’t have any issue with this color. I’ll let you guys know what I think. I come from the EVOLVE 107 and are chunking in less than 30km… It’s insane and a total rip off. I’ve read that the ABEC 11 107 (green) are chunking as well, so I thought I’d give Boa 100 a try… Hope not to be disapointed. But I agree we need 110mm wheels for E skate :slight_smile:

Really? I have friends there. Say hi to those guys over at Arc Boards for me.

And no, there’s no longer a reason to buy SuperFlies. Lebeda is making all the wheels anyone should care about, and if you call them up with an adequate moq they’ll make wheels for you too.

Boas, Popocas, Ahmyohs, both flavors of Kegels, a new flavor of Kegel i heard about this past weekend that’s 85mm, and i think they even did the first batches of the Raptor Ghosts. I don’t know if they still make those or if they ended up in hong kong, but i think at first they made them too.

I’ve been wanting to get them to make me a wheel for a long time, and ironically, i wanted an 85mm kegel and somebody beat me to it.

2 Likes

O’tang themselves :wink:

They’re based in Singapore? Damn! I’ve been trying to get a set of Boas for the longest time but unfortunately they don’t do shipping to Singapore.

Company is based in Singapore but the wheels are made in California, USA and usually are shipped from there too.

1 Like

Yeap that’s right, but it seems that they ship to almost every country except Singapore. Bummer, i guess i’ll wait till they do decide to ship here or wait for vendors to carry them.

If they don’t ship to Singapore I’d wouldn’t consider them based in Singapore. =/ the whole point from a consumers view of being based somewhere is providing local support isn’t it?

1 Like

You could say that , but there’s no requirement that they have to, it’s just a place to set up and run operations m.

@Ebisane9

I am curious though as to what boa users are experiencing with the production wheels

Ask Brian (@b264), he is one of Boa’s test drivers. As far as I know the Boa wheel performance, wear, aging or chunking been flawless so far.

*production wheels sir

Have a set of white Boas that I ran for a month with no chunks and barely any cuts. Ordered a second set in red which has gotten small cuts from glass in the first few rides. Might be anecdotal but the white wheels might be more durable than the red.

apparently the pure Thane without any pigment is white. I ordered the white version as well. Don’t care if they go grey or whatever, but I need my wheels to last, looks come after only