100mm Boa Constrictor wheels

@captainjez destroying bearings is fun! Challenge accepted.

@captainjez these are not full ceramic, right? Or is the whole bering silicon nitride?

For those of you already using these or testing, advice for someone new please: I have a set of brand new superfly 107’s here (in the UK), all the comments and pictures of chipping and chunking are making me nervous. Should I get a set of these instead?

Although these wheels have a promising future it has only been tested by a few people, albeit experts.

The abec wheels are good wheels but they aren’t cheap but when they chunk you will be disappointed.

These wheels right now are slowly shipping out to customers. You could be waiting a while before you get yours. To make it worse they ship from the US. I think sickboards.nl will stock them but who knows how much for?

My thinking exactly, I just want ride comfort and longevity, less because of cost than purely not wanting to have to constantly mess around with them.

Patience I have. I’ll hold out a bit and see what sickboards gets in stock. Board is still building, it’ll take a while anyway :slight_smile: Ty for info.

1 Like

Is there a good reason why the Boa shipping costs $40 (to ship inside US) if they ship from the US? Maybe there’s a perfectly good reason, but it just seems exorbitant.

3 Likes

They are from thailand or somewhere over there they just are made here.

I dont think they are they are made by the same factory as Otang Kegels

They are made by Labeda in California the same place that does kegels

1 Like

They’re not made in Cali tho. They said they are getting them shipped to cali if i’m not mistaken.

Boa specifically stated they are made in California, USA.

Damn, I could have sworn I thought I read a post that said they are made elsewhere lol.

so they’re $120 a set + $40 shipping?..

Last time I checked, yes. I was about to pull the trigger but then saw the shipping

Interesting, I paid like $7 for shipping and I live in US.

Shipping is dynamically calculated based on your address. These wheels are made by Labeda in California and the same factory that produces Orangatang and other wheels.

Our warehouse we are currently shipping from is in California but we will be loading up our other global warehouse locations as time goes on to make it easier and more cost effective to ship where we can.

Wheels are relatively heavy to ship in large qty and we’re going as fast as we can to ensure reasonably priced shipping for all.

2 Likes

Sure enough, it’s different now. In mid-April it was $40 to ship from California Singapore to Oregon. I tried it again just now and it’s a much more reasonable $16.61 to ship to Oregon!

Wow $7. Are you inside the state of California?

Actually we’re based in Singapore :slight_smile:

Okay better to hear, with $40 shipping one would go with 107s without thought. I wonder how much it costs to go to NYC, i guess the coast to coast is a big deciding factor