100mm Boa Constrictor wheels

We start shipping in the next week for the Constrictors, just waiting on Labeda to finish packaging all the wheels up and getting them to our warehouse in California. The Hatchlings aren’t far behind.

2 Likes

…and which colors?

Hatchlings in Yellow, Constrictors in Red and White.

2 Likes

What about going Dark stealth mode? No electric blue or black with black cores anytime soon?

Yellow and Red are great. White is not the direction to follow (despite what all your skateboard dudes been telling you). Have you seen any white wheel TREND in all the postings throughout the years in these esk8 forums?

2 Likes

About the edge profile, the round profile would be more behaved than a sharp edge like the kegels? The roads I travel have lots of poor made patches that are not in level with the rest of the surface, the Kegel keeps dancing on this edges if need to cross one parallel to them

If yes then I’m sold on the hatchlings since I’m tired of almost loosing control with cars arround

I’m absolutely loving these wheels. I’m more than likely going to use them in my non-customs now that i’ve got a about a hundred miles on mine. No chunks. Also, they grip like a motherfucker in fast hard carves but aren’t too squishy, i can still feel what i need to in the road. Some kind of sorcery there i think.

@captainjez amazeballs.

13 Likes

Mine still have no chunks, not even a single small one, and I’ve been riding the shit out of them. Especially lately now that it got warm again…

2 Likes

How do they compare to genuine 97mm flywheels?

1 Like

Hemotox formula! Glad you’re liking them :slight_smile:

I just ordered the new Boosted Board Mini X. I wonder if I could just pop the Hatchlings on there with no wheel bite.

1 Like

They should fit on there. Looks to be a decently tall riser on the Mini X due to the battery size.

You could probably put the Constrictors on there even. I’ve put 107mm wheels on a different board that had 97mm on it and was able to fit them with no extra risers and no wheel bite. Worst-case scenario is a couple mm of riser

2 Likes

At least they actually used a picture of a Boa

I need to try a set of these…hook a brother up homey!!

the 97mm ABEC is a 78a which is nice, and it generally feels really good. But to be honest, i like the Boas better because they’re the perfect height (107mm is just too yuuuge in my opinion, but 90mm is almost too small, so 97mm is close to ideal) at 100mm and the cp is wider and grippier while still giving that ABEC plush feeling. Its actually slightly more plush than a 97mm ABEC and just as quiet.

My only concern is will it chunk. So far no chunking, just the usual abuse puncturing and slicing as i roll over horrible shit on my way around town.

3 Likes

If they chunk under normal usage we will replace them. Simple. Very confident in their anti chunking abilties though.

6 Likes

How slideable are they?

Woha! :astonished: That is a big selling point that other wheels can’t claim. You should put that in the product description on your website.

My wallet is starting to feel lighter :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

The Constrcitors are quite grippy. It’s difficult to slide them. The Hatchlings are easier to once worn in.

2 Likes