$100 (set of 4) 6" pneumatics wheels. Sign up Now!

@JLabs Wasting 100$ on a set of wheels that does not perform is wrong. These wheels are probably made to fit sack barrows and the rubber quality is probably not good enough for the application because it doesn’t need to be superior for the application it was designed for. I have seen many tires, believe me. The square shape points towards low PSI. High PSI inflation rates need a round section profile to handle the pressure. It states: max inflation 20 PSI! Try them, judge them and then you will see… If they perform, you have found a nice wheel that everyone can buy on alibaba cheaper than anywhere. I doubt it. Those tires are designed to be cheap and run on low PSI. Tires and hubs are a topic on its own. How well you can inflate them depends on the hub and the tire. I can see that the screws sit very far to the inside, which is not good for high PSI inflation, especially if the hub is casted.

Frank

4 Likes

update. I added the form in the original post to get a better gauge of numbers.

Keep in mind shipping outside of the US will be pretty high, if anyone wants to distribute from eu/uk let me know.

Thanks for the pick up. Sorry not the most knowledgeable on all terrain wheels. I think I have forums a much better wheel, but still need to get some more details.

When MTBs came to market, there was very little choice. People were searching for tires and used what they found. You can find some 5 and 6 inch pneumatics these days. Most of them are not good for the use on skateboards. The Hubs would also need to be made to suit the application. Problem: Invest is not little. A mould for a hub and tire is expensive and you can’t buy small quantities. Some of our tires need to be made in batches of 10.000. I really like the 7". Its very good for urban use. Maybe a bit to bulky for a longboard but perfect for our street carver. We will soon offer a special, low roll resistance version. In my opinion the boards and trucks need to be adapted to suit the pneumatic wheels. Such a board is a sort of SUV skateboard. Anyway, we will make the 122mm Gummies for our hubs. They are really nice for e-skates and roll resistance is little. I’ll work out a way to fit them to caliber II trucks.

Frank

6 Likes

Can you elaborate on the specs and timing of the forthcoming low rolling resistance set for Carvers, Frank? I love my Street Carver, but some of the rougher roads in San Francisco still get annoying.

Hi Steve, did you get the long shaft?

Try the pneumatics first! Its such a beautiful feeling to ride on air. Untill I get a new quote, contracted the factory and molds are made, production finished, three month will pass by easily. I’ll try to sketch up a timeline for the 125mm Urethane. I’m desperate to make this happen fast. The Superstar looks really lush with those tires on.

The low roll resistance 7 and 8" pneumatic tires are ordered and will go into production now. We have no confirmed estimated time of arrival. Its a 100% fiber banded tire, special rubber etc. Half the weight, mega fast, high PSI rated version.

Frank

6 Likes

I haven’t been home to receive mail this week, but I’ll bet the long shaft is sitting in my mailbox. Thanks, again, for sending it!

Those new tires sound excellent; weight, rolling resistance, and punctures are the main reasons I got the Street Carver, rather than the Urban Carver. The new pneumatic tires seem to address my first two concerns. Will the “fiber bands” improve puncture resistance? A reality of e-boarding in San Francisco is rolling through broken liquor bottles!

I know, lots of rotten people around Mission District. I was amazed how many homeless are around in SF. Punctures are an issue but high pressure helps. There is a sealant, fixing punctures the second they happen. I once saw that at a fair. The guy had hundreds of nails in a bicycle tire without loosing pressure.

I would give it a try, carry a spare tube in case you fear punctures. Changing the tube is a 8min job. You will like the comfort of the pneumatic tires. Zero vibrations, off road capable, smooth.

Frank

2 Likes

Ha, yep, I spend a lot of time in the Mission and you’re exactly right!

I’m glad to live in a welfare state. Our glass bottle problem is a different one: To many people partying.

Frank

Found this:

https://www.epicelectricskateboards.com/product/racer-3200-carbon-pro/

Not sure if china stole their design… or they branded the china one…

its the same board. motors. wheels even that orange thing in the middle of the board.

can’t believe those guys slapped a 400% mark up on it! :sob:

And they still couldn’t afford to actually put bearings in those hubs for the picture…

lol nah the bearings are in this thing. its like the opposite of your slip on mount adapter. looks like they need a wider axle like on spring trucks.

2 Likes

Nope! That’s just the inside of that hub. not an adapter. It’s super wide. I’ve seen them at harbor freight. They just don’t have the outside bearing in because it won’t work on a skate truck axle.

Epic thread lol

yea I know they are not really meant for this, but they must roll…i hope :joy:

@saul Do you think these are different wheels (hubs) or what? >>>

I also wanted to post this pic… but I got sidetracked… Though, in the site I found it next to a listing for extra tubes… not an actual tire / wheel / hubs or whatever.

1 Like

I was told they are the same, it seems like just without the outside bearing to fit on skate trucks.

Looks like they also have spring trucks for about $30-35 full set. would have to hit the min tho. thats alot of trucks…

Look at the truck they are mounted on. Channel truck with a super long axle.