1.8 Mile UP-Hill Race

It’s not that steep. But I am switching to lipos so I’m not riding with 20lbs of batteries :grimacing:

Quit because the rain was most definitely inbound.

3 Likes

Is that the home field advantage? Yeah steepness isn’t the challenge. It’s the top speed and acceleration.

1 Like

I guess so. Hats off to the brave souls that plan on riding urethane smaller than 107, rough road.

2 Likes

Cough cough. 84mm Hummie hubs. Cough cough.

1 Like

Do you have Basque heritage? “Arzamendi” (Mountain of the bear)

The people I see in YouTube videos who do downhill there all seem to be riding abec centrax at 83mm max

1 Like

It’s not always about winning. I personally think no one will be able to beat moe and his crazy boards. I don’t think I will win. But I don’t care. It’s more about participating in an eskate event that will be historic for the industry and getting to ride with the socal crew again! It should be fun, even without a win. Though I’d love to win. Based on what moe’s told me about the trials he’s done in the past in going uphill, you won’t have a chance if you can’t do at least 40 mph. And I’m maxing out at around 30 mph.

I feel more competitive in track racing, where it’s not all about your top speed. It’s more about torque and the riders ability to turn on a board. This event will be more about who has a fastest board that they can stay on imo.

14 Likes

Yeah. I understand that pov staying in SF out weighted at the end. Tbh my original plan would allow me to go 40+. But not with my 13s4p. And I don’t wanna spend money on lipo that I will only use once.

I wish everyone good luck and have fun at Barret Junction.

2 Likes

I know, I’m a pampered pneumo queen now. :man_shrugging::nail_care:

Yeah, I’ve gotten that translation several times before.

1 Like

There’s always mt tam here across gg bridge. The backside going up from the dam is nice, And there’s the other road that goes up tam from just past Stinson that almost no one uses. And theres strava. Wonder if we could use that without pissing off the cyclists

1 Like

Wish you were making the trip. Win or lose this first ever event (for me ) is about testing and learning. Talked with Max Capps today about the Course. There are speed sections on the bottom but the majority of the course will be at 30ish mph. There will be hotlaps and riding on Sunday as well. This is an opportunity to bridge build between DH and Esk8. With the music, food, racing and beer this event alone will be worth the trip. Hope you change your mind. Hope to see you there.

6 Likes

Will definitely show up for the next one.

1 Like

Going for the experience, not to race. Looking forward to meeting the people behind some of these crazy ass builds.

5 Likes

It’s cool to put faces to forum handles. It’s strange seeing someone and recognizing them by their board first. “You don’t look like an eskate god…” but then who does? What does that even look like? image

2 Likes

bruh, its not like that, the eskate god has got 30 legs. 15 pairs for 15 eboards.

2 Likes

I really hope I’m able to go to this. I’ve been working on a board with lots of tourqe and 8" tires. Participating in this race would be the perfect way to celebrate its completion.

1 Like

Plenty of room at the hill. Would like to see your build in action. Let us know what is keeping you from finishing up, maby a spare part or two someone else has laying around could make the difference.

2 Likes

Justin Morgan will be piloting the 44"Woody sled at the Barrett. https://www.instagram.com/p/BsHGSH6BhDx/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=dnizqlps4mnp

5 Likes

Installed “Skate… THE WEDGE” heel block on possibly the only Front drive running the hill in Jan19. SRBV-3 IMG_20181230_122645 IMG_20181230_122442 IMG_20181230_122550

11 Likes