1.8 Mile UP-Hill Race

Probably best to keep it to one class for now and then make changes if needed after this event. For instance, our “production” board tops out well over 40 mph.

Eventually I think we should have classes based on battery size, similar to displacement classes in motorcycle racing. Any other class designations should be for the level of the riders proficiency.

3 Likes

I agree with class racing but, I do not believe battery size should determine class by it self. There are so many different variables. Wheel size, gearing, motor Kv, wattage. We should probably use something like that Esk8 calculator and put people in class by calculated top speed in miles per hour . Plus or minus One.

But one thing I learned at the evolve world cup is you’re only as fast as the course will let you be . A 50 mile an hour board can only go so fast around a hairpin turn.

6 Likes

noob question…what is purpose of the angled steps on the back of your boards?

3 Likes

1833565F-005C-432F-97E6-095B5CBC1CC5 https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100026936863066

7 Likes

if you keep your feet there wouldn’t you then be handicapped braking sharply? does anyone else do that? its like a 45 degree angle. very weird. if it works it works

1 Like

No. It is the same angle as my 1st gen landyachtz EVO. It is just a little higher for heal support under hard throttle. For hard braking I use a front foot stop. Together they help a lot. I’ll bring some to Barrett. You can try it out. Or PM me. I only have a couple left in stock.

9 Likes

Those are pretty rad… Kinda want

2 Likes

@JAYSTCB

Depending on which one I can get running in time for the race. It will either be my Roger brothers DH 37 ( purple people eater ).

F19438E5-0ECF-4A31-BFC8-9C0BD7618E84

Don’t be shy, tell’em is an Aluminum board!! (one of the best in the market, BTW)

6 Likes

… might also have this one ready come race time. We’ll see. It’s on the bottom of the list.

The Devils Rocketship

(Rayne Deamonsead)

8 Likes

Mind sharing the model of this sweet helmet?

Its a Shoei helmet. Probably an older model, one of many from the X-Fourteen, RF or Neotec series.

https://www.shoei-helmets.com/

2 Likes

The absolute best helmets in my humble opinion.

2 Likes

But they are for Motorbike, thus, little bit heavier for Esk8 use (apparently, not so much since @JAYSTCB is using it).

1 Like

Your right, It is an old Shoei motorcycle helmet. Great helmet to protect your brain. Especially on a motorcycle. Not the best for esk8. But, When I first started doing 50mph speed runs on the e-board, I knew I needed something better than my protec, half dome, skate helmet. So the Shoei is what I ended up with. Skateboarding has come a long way in the last 7 years. There are several full face helmets out that are light weight, full face, and offer more visibility than motorcycle helmets, that are perfect for skating. Right now I use a skydiving helmet. It is ok for a full face helmet that offers a lot of visibility. I don’t think I would want to crash at freeway speeds with it. But it works fine for cruising around at moped speed. image

I really need to update my brain protector to something like a full face TSG. image

5 Likes

how is everyone gona get there? Looking to carpool or commune with someone down from SF.

1 Like

I’ll be driving down. Not sure about where I’ll be staying yet.

1 Like

I was thinking of flying in from Sacramento, but if someones looking to share a ride my plans might change. What days were you thinking about driving down and back?

Make sure we get some race footage for us non Us folk. Pls and thanks :wink:

3 Likes

I think Ima drop out of the race. I feel that my board is under powered and it cost to much to go down there to lose while there’s another event here in SF I can just have fun. Besides that Didn’t get what I wanted to mod tested far enough for me to comfortably use it on the race. Sorry for letting you guys down. Will join next race when I build a even stronger beast.

The formula I see to win this race is Lipo, 13s bypass, 4WD belt drive, massive heatsink on top mounted VESC, high kv, big wheels/pnuematics , double drop or split angle and not be a fat boi.

You can go 14s on VESC if you remove Regen from the setting, run no hardware limit and uncap max voltage over 60V. Someone is gonna risk it right? @ethel

2 Likes