1.8 Mile UP-Hill Race

Barrett Junction Countdown

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20190119T083030&p0=224&msg=Barrett+Junction%3A+Uphill+Esk8+Race&font=cursive

1 Like

Trust me, I feel the pressure! A lot of work still needs to be done to get my board ready, including assembling new motors, haha.

Can’t wait for this though!

Edit: although I do what the overall shape of it finally:

12s 25ah battery is ready, as is diebiems. Just need escs… why does frank have to charge so much? I push a trampa vesc6 in my ebike (after breaking 3 flipsky6.6’s) and it’s put up with 60a con no issues. 80a con though and it’ll over heat after about 2 miles uphill. So I’m hoping to get 240a total for 12 kw of juice.

10 Likes

how hard do you push the 6.6s?? genuinely wondering.

Hard. I was doing 80a con for miles at a time. I did the same with the trampa vesc 6, it would overheat, as did the 6.6, but it has been good for at least 1500 miles so far (I do over 50 miles per day for work on it). The 6.6’s all lasted about 200-300 miles each,

My actual voltage is 52.4 full charge also, a bit higher than 12s because of the odd voltages of headwat cells.

Each are seeing around 4000 watts con for miles at a time.

2 Likes

@MoeStooge, time to bring an updated chart from each and every Barrett Junction 19’ competitor’s ride specs. Smthng like… Motor Type - Battery Voltage/Amperage - Pulley Ratio - Wheel Type/Size

This thing is taking off now. Is becoming our own Pikes Peak, Monaco GPrix or Indy500!

3 Likes

wow didn’t think that you can draw that much for constant for that long. to be fair tho ebike only has 1 hub and knowing your reputation, you must have been hauling ass on it.

@pixelsilva everyone is secretly changing up their build to prep for this race. I think it is best to reveal during the event so there would be more of a surprise factor at the race.

1 Like

What kinda wattage do you think this race’ll pull on average? I’m just trying to anticipate how much battery I’ll need.

1 Like

Would i be allowed to participate in a cast? @MoeStooge Ill bring a note from my mother.

7 Likes

Total Watt hr or peak Watts?

Jason Lucier ran World Cup with Titanium holding his right arm together. Maby disguise your cast as a hook hand. It would be totally up to the promoter

3 Likes

Well that’s mainly up to the efficiency of your setup. I need more juice since I use hub motors.

Attach a slide puck to your cast and say it’s a new product you’re testing. Or just buttboard it uphill.

1 Like

I was thinking average watts. Although I guess that’s entirely dependant on speed as well :thinking: so numbers don’t really mean anything lol

Dude what’s the diam of your stator BTW? @Hummie what’s yours too? Are you packing 40/50/60mm diam stator ?

I’m trying to check if my Franken motors would be beefy enough or not. Or if they need big brothers. Diameter at this tiny size plays a lot about torque output and heat saturation, right?

Edit : Not sayin’ I’ll be at this year’s Junction race, I’m far from being ready :beers:

Barring any issues that would cause me to miss this and if I can get time off work, I would like to be there. Is there anybody from the North West US looking to carpool, or are you all flying in? I’ve got gas and grass, but this ass isn’t for you.

6 Likes

I use hummie hubs. I invested with hummie to help get these motors made, and as such, I’m lucky to be able to work with him to build custom stuff. He still owes me quite a bit (but it’s cool, I love seeing where they are going), but I just keep telling him just get me parts to make more motors haha.

The stator is a 4752. It’s not the biggest diameter but it makes up with the length.

I’m still not sure how length plays into cooling. Jason said a while back longer stators will have more heat issues. I don’t honestly know if that’s true or not, since I haven’t had any heat issues with my v4 hummie hubs. I’m so glad they are finally getting out the door and people are experiencing what quality can deliver!

4 Likes

Ben Glenn I believe is driving down from Portland.

3 Likes

We got a crew coming from the PNW. For sure Moe

1 Like

I reached out to @onloop no reply. So I’m going to run. My Custom Dual. You can change that on by my name. Ben Glenn. Thanks @MoeStooge.

3 Likes

Hey Ben, if @onloop isn’t interested in seeing this R2+4 fly and you guys come up short I will put you on my board. I’ve seen you ride. Find leathers.

6 Likes