1.8 Mile UP-Hill Race

Man, I think I need to hold off my surgery for this. The more I see this, the better it’s looking. I can’t miss this history.

The question is what should the next motors I build focus on?

My only issue with uphill racing is it’s all going to be about who can go the fastest. Acceleration can be garbage and you can still win.

Without full leathers, it’s suicide to go above 40 mph, and dangerous above 30 mph. How many people here have full leathers?

1 Like

I would assume there’s going to be more than a few switchbacks and acceleration is still going to play a big key, unless it’s just a long straight away uphill. which I doubt.

If these guys can do 50 mph down hill without braking, then why would we need to brake going uphill?

Powerslides Downhill is different then up. And im not sure how many guys can powerslide up hill on a esk8.

2 Likes

Yes, I did miss that part in my thought process. Thank you.

But in the video moe posted, I saw guys hanging on for dear life on that shifty road and not much power sliding.

1 Like

I didn’t watch the video yet so I’m unsure of the full layout

This is going to be a learning event. Can’t wait to see what is brought to the hill. @psychotiller moster quad an enertion R2 awd and @chaka is Ollin up something in his voodoo cauldron. Man I’m just stoked to get to run the hill

7 Likes

Told the wife i still wanted to go regardless of surgery. She gave me the death look…

2 Likes

Bought the lazyrolling hoodie. It should be good enough.

5 Likes

I’m ready to hold off on surgery I’m so stoked to ride that hill. I will get a special pair of hubs ready for that hill.

3 Likes

are you getting them delta winded?:expressionless:

3 Likes

Not sure if I’ll delta wind or just a different gauge, maybe 1 or 2 less turns.

@Hummie said he can do 80-90 kv for 1 less turn at 1 up gauge and still get the same amount of copper.

If you look at it, it’s about 10 kv change per turn. I’m looking for about 100kv. If you look at it, I’m going to do 2 less turns and shrinking down the stator should shorten the wire also, which will increase the kv also.

the thing I am working at will beat your 100kv hands down. say no more about it and let these ppl hanging. :rofl::see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

8 Likes

Is it possible to be put on the roster as a “maybe”? It depends if my board’s done by then and fully functional.

Although I may just attend either way.

Race Roster: update

1. @Arzamenable (custom Quad)
  2. @moestooge (custom Dual)
  3. @ethel (custom Dual)
  4. @trancejunkiexxl (custom Quad)
  5. @OllinBoardCompany @chaka (Ollin Dual Diag)
  6. Art Zuniga. (custom Dual)
  7. @Psychotiller Tim. ( ??? ???)
  8. Ramon Hoffman.
  9. Jason Lucier. (Custom Dual)
  10. Ben Glenn (Raptor 2x4)
  11. @Winfly (13s Hummies)
  12. @evoheyax (Hummies)
  13. @TowerCrisis (TBA)
3 Likes

Ughhh… i wanna race. The list keeps growing.

Find an aspiring talent, put em on your board and bring it to the hill.

1 Like

Everything capable of speeds higher than 34 mph will beat it. But I also have 4wd and a butt load of watts with a huge lipo, so I’ll never slow down no matter how steep it gets.

4 Likes