1.8 Mile UP-Hill Race

The guy went off the cliff and a power pole saved him. Ironic.

7 Likes

Well I think a dorsal + full gear on this type of kart track (note that there are more corners than straights) means short bursts of acceleration and no higher speed really. This should be fun and technic, plus you get lot of torque to play with.

A cliff is deadly too, lucky for the rider who caught the pole. Don’t know much about Junction race but around my town cliff falls means game over.

But I get your point, a track with wide borders to slide in case one falls is definitely safer.

1 Like

Waiting on buddy to finish up complete clip edits.

22 Likes

Yesss drone shots!

2 Likes

You can see how a tight board setup works against you sometimes

1 Like

Hey guys I’m new to this group but I’ve been EBoarding for more than a year. I have a AWD set up. I’m not nearly a pro but I’d like to know when the next Cali event might be I’d like to enter if I can bring my family for the fun and the community.

4 Likes

that looks a disaster. hell no im not lining up in that. cant wait to see what happened next! great footage. haha and the sneaky guy on the left seemed to jump everyone by two seconds

4 Likes

That clip reminds me of a small bmx track race I did at an evolve event. I immediately ate shit. People watching said after I went over the first hill all they saw was my feet come back up pointed toward the sky.

3 Likes

It looks like someone bit dirt within 8 seconds and he couldve taken out a couple others. Riders staggered every ten seconds even would be nice

1 Like

Hahaha brilliant! I’ve watched it like 10 times in a row just to picture everyone on the start, can’t wait for the full clip!

Who where the three first guys? (kick ass leg, aero tuck starter and ooooh shitshitshi- man?)

5 Likes

I think the first kick out starter with the aero helmet was Tim Dell, an amazingly fast Downhill racer. Jeff Tatum would know for sure since he was right next to him

3 Likes

Anyone have a list of riders to the top?

1. Jason Lucier on Stoogeraceboard
  2. Moe B Biggs on Stoogeraceboard
  3. arzamenable ? 4)Daniel Engel on Ollin ? 5) Redbaron ? 6) ? 7) ? 8) ? 9) ? 10) ? 11) ? 12) ? 13) ? 14) ? 15) ? 16) ? 17) ? 18) ? 19) ? 20)
1 Like

Wow… that was a disaster. We should of had to restart!

1 Like

Where is more of the drone footage?

:weary:

7 Likes

I think I may have been 10th? I passed a bunch of people on the way up but didn’t pay attention when I got to the top. @MoeStooge was concerned about Justin so I just headed back down to help, if possible. I had envisioned a more disastrous fall than what actually happened. :laughing: Glad Justin was OK.

4 Likes

WAIT A SECOND! where the fuck were the evolve racers?! :face_with_monocle:

I’ll buy a stock evolve board for EWC 20 only if they send a rider to Bakersfield.

Edit: EWC 19

3 Likes

Philip Baker took some awesome shots of the uphill race if anyone is interested! https://www.1904photography.com/Sports/Skating/Barrett-Junction/2018/Saturday/

6 Likes

The one on the Right looks like Moe

2 Likes

Here it is.

15 Likes

I wonder if anyone got justins fall.