1.8 Mile UP-Hill Race

Yess! MARYHILL!

i’ve been on that hill multiple times for downhill (manual) longboarding events That is such a great hill!

1 Like

Will this be at the spring freeride?

A race at Maryhill? Sounds interesting. When do you guys want to do it and how many people will show up? The schedule of the 2019 events are;

1. April 27 & 28, 2019 - Freeride
  2. June 22 & 23, 2019 - Freeride
  3. September 21 & 22, 2019 - Freeride
  4. August 30, 31 & September 1, 2019 - IDF World Cup Qualifer race

The Ratz would love to get esk8’s out there, let do this!

12 Likes

Is this you Dean?

1 Like

One of the guys from Hoyt was going to contact you and set this up. Glad your here. Let’s do this. There is currently a solid group beginning, willing to travel and race. We had close to 20 at Barrett. Set up the dates and let’s promote and see if we can grow this…

12 Likes

Where in norcal are you?

2 Likes

Guys next time you need to bring a go pro on helmet, board, shoe or shoulder or whatever!

Nobody wanted to spare even 200gr of camera??

It must have been heroic going at it over these cracks!

1 Like

Would like to properly introduce the promoter and DH speed demon for 20years of Barrett Junction. Thanks again Ryan Farmer for having us and making for a fun smooth running event. Looking fwd to working with you in the future.

6 Likes

Not everything happens in California.

1 Like

Gravity car gives a good description of the course. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs4byCUBIdi/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1dgifvkft57ox IMG_20190122_072731

10 Likes

I forgot my helmet mount at home and I won’t use a selfie stick camera on an Eboard because I have crashed too many times. The road was too rough and there was too much vibration to hard mount a camera to the deck. I know. Because I broke psychotillers 360 trying to take it up Barrett. Ill bring some GoPro’s to the next race if anyone wants to help film during the event.

4 Likes

… or a dual unity built

Working on permits for lookout mountain now :grin:

1 Like

HOLY CRAP! That road…

/end of derail

10 Likes

I’ll have a video of us riding it soon along with the Torqueboards direct drive review to go with it

8 Likes

Put that shit in the CO thread!

:drooling_face:

1 Like

Indeed we are lucky to get as much as we do. Hopefully sometime in the future we can get another uphill race near San Francisco. San Diego is at least 8 hours south and Maryhill loop is much farther. Long state. But yes I know we have to share.

5 Likes

Yea!! We should do our own sf thing! Tons of riders around and we’ve got the headlands right over the bridge and tam is even better. I think a big parking lot and cones could be a great event.

4 Likes

I’ll drop this here in case you wanna do indoor fun on winter :checkered_flag:

those cart tracks look hella dangerous to me. if I wanted to actually go as fast as I can around turns theres a good chance I could slide out or fall off and those barriers on the side look like theyre for low to the ground karts that have people buckled in and not standing bodies. we need a track like they do in formula one or something where we can slide out and not into a barrier or a pole. I think only a mater of time before someone gets really hurt. At least on a road their might be shoulder or …Id rather fall off a small cliff than hit a barrier or pole. If the guy who went off the cliff in this race had hit a pole or barrier it could be seriously a downer for the event and the sport and of course him.