1.8 Mile UP-Hill Race

Improved control on very hard accel. It works.

9 Likes

Congrats all! Was great to see so many gorgeous machines and meet some of you in the flesh

10 Likes

It has been a bad couple months for my DIY eboads. The GMR M80 pictured is still sitting on the shelf. The motor I had quit and the replacement did not arrive in time. I ended up riding for Stooge Race Boards. Barrett Junction is not an easy hill for any board or rider. I have a lot of respect for anyone willing to battle that hill up, or down. Stay STOKED my friends and I’ll see you at the next hill.

9 Likes

6 Likes

Some footage my buddy took of us getting out there

10 Likes

Here’s a bit of the lower half of the track on one of the test runs.

2 Likes
7 Likes

any posted race vids yet? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They have posted some on Instagram muirskate has a few videos.

3 Likes

Quite a knarley road surface…imagine not easy to pick your racing line with the cracks potholes and repair patches.

Well done riders

4 Likes

I agree that the starting line was way too narrow. Seems that it wasn’t actually a single line but multiple layers, therefore the guys in the front line get an advantage.

I’m wondering why this group wasn’t split into two, have two heats, then a final run? Probably a lot safer too.

Really doesn’t seem fair for the guys in the back… Unless they have a @MoeStooge build

11 Likes

@onloop Agreed. It was pretty stacked up, we had a few riders nearly colliding right on the take off.

That entire track was fuckin rowdy though, the start was the least of most people’s worries I’d imagine. Those final hairpins are certified butthole puckering.

11 Likes

Would like to speak on J-Morgans behalf. Track had bad and treacherous race lines. There were spots where the surface would washboard, literally creating an air gap between your feet and the board. Talking with Max Capps there is a race line that needed to be followed to have the best surface possible. Experience payed to know the track. Justin and Jason had a heads up race all the way till the last 3 turns of the 1.8 mile course. Justin saw a gap open on the outside near the ravine and made his move. Bad Surface sent him off course and down the ravine. Justin said he caught a power pole and stopped him. No broken bones or sprains. Spoke with him last night, he’s doing well. This course was difficult and technical. Call it a lack of experience or bad luck, I can say it takes a person with grit to try and pull off a pass like that in these conditions. When he could taste victory he pushed out of the comfort zone. Justin has committed to run the Bakersfield Up and I feel he will be hard to beat on that RedEmber 44" Woodie. Pics by Brad T Miller IMG_20190121_061918 IMG_20190121_061902

22 Likes

Really disappointed that I totaled my shitty car and wasn’t able to find a ride down. Looks like it was a blast. Hopefully we can have another one up in NorCal sometime. Maybe with a smoother track.

5 Likes

Maryhill loop uphill race is already in the works.

11 Likes

Is that Washington? Too far North!!

Maryhill looks awesome!

Maryhill is the Daytona of Down-hill

2 Likes

I see pics of maryhill on IG all the time. I’m hoping we can get something going on like this in Colorado.

you guys race downhill as well? :slight_smile: (another start line at the top once all the riders get there)