1.8 Mile UP-Hill Race

Drone could happen.

Alright appreciate the info. I’m looking forward to the race. :grin:

Will we have the chance at any test runs? I was able to get 5 minutes of riding in between rain storms the other day. and it’s rain here on out till I leave Friday. Focbox’s claim 60a and I will max out at 50a, not sure if it will throttle back at some point or not and would love a test run just to make sure my settings aren’t too high.

Tentativly our race will be around 3pm. I suspect there will be a few opportunities to run the hill before. 25.00 entry. Register at the hill.

Mark your calendars for the 20th year of #barrettmotherfuckingjunction The world’s longest standing downhill race and this one’s going to be big! Racing, live music, camping, gambling, don’t miss it!

Bands please contact me directly to get a set list together. Even if we’ve talked please verify.

Meal and beer tokens with entrance and live music Saturday night until midnight and Sunday until 10! T shirts and swag bag included as well! $50 pro skate, $25* Am, Luge, classic luge Women’s luge, Women’s skate. $5(or 5 beers) Tecate 500, TEAM RACING IS FREE rules announced on the hill, MASTERS SKATE AND MASTERS LUGE FREE (40+)

*includes meal, shirt,swag, NO beer token

JANUARY 19-21 ROUGH SCHEDULE things might shift around 19th: 10am practice 3pm Classic luge / Team racing / Masters 4:30pm Women’s skate and women’s luge 7pm/ after dusk TECATE 500 8pm-12am Live music at the cafe

20th: 10 am practice 1pm Luge, Am skate 2:45pm Pro skate 6-10pm Live music and awards at the cafe

21st: After camping at the cafe we will tour several Southern california classics starting with san Diego favorites Zuma and backside, then north to gmr and Malibu

Share and tag #barrettmotherfuckingjunction #outlawracing #downhill #calivsRado Photo @godofbiscuits1

1 Like

Yeah looks like all of us costal Californians have been in your boat. It’s been raining from San Francisco to Los Angeles all the way down to Whales Vagina.

5 Likes

Couldn’t find Whales Vagina. Thought it would be easy.

5 Likes

Vids? Pics? I wanna see what went down!

2 Likes

I was just about to say the same thing?!

Thought this thread would be on :fire::fire::fire: tonight!

1 Like

Saw a short vid of the start of the race but i need some of that montage and drone shots… haha

5 Likes

who’s got video of Justin Morgan going OVER the cliff?!?!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs1yYk3hh_H/

10 Likes

I totally failed to get any footage. The “track” was pretty gruesome but a lot of fun for my first esk8 race. Placed 4th, gained a ton of confidence in my builds and got to meet some legends.

6 Likes

Who were the top 3?

3 Likes

According to @psychotiller

1.) @JAYSTCB 2.) @MoeStooge 3.) @Arzamenable

5 Likes

I wonder what his set up was

1 Like

@JAYSTCB

Whatever this end up being? image

1 Like

Jason Lucier was on the SRB “Turner Front drive. IMG_20181230_122645 Justin Morgan was riding second making a wild outside pass for the lead with two turns left in the race, hit a bad patch of road and went off the cliff edge on the 44” woodie. IMG_20181007_174207391 I had a second row start spot and spent half the hill passing traffic for P2. IMG_20190119_221120 I would say we we’re well received by the DH community with close to twenty riders that started the UP-Hill race.

22 Likes

Oh so I was fifth! I slowed down to much when Morgan went over the edge and got passed by a guy wearing white leathers on an Ollin board. Aside from small starting space and rough roads it was a great race!

9 Likes

Wait, what were you riding then?

Sounds like it went well!

I look forward to some videos of the race!

4 Likes

I was on “ol grumpy”IMG_20190106_160045
@Arzamenable ran a solid 3rd on his Quad motor pnumatic.

11 Likes

How are you liking the wedge?

4 Likes