1.8 Mile UP-Hill Race

You forgot me. :disappointed_relieved: I will be on a @psychotiller dual or quad of some sort.

5 Likes

Daam brother. Believe me I missed it. Taken care of

…and there’s Mt. Hamilton ascend (4.200 ft.), the grand daddy of them all, south of the bay, east of SJ (by Alum Rock Av.). 25 miles of the most beautiful scenery in the BA, mostly empty road and the last segment the stepest and technical incline with alpine type gradient to ultimately reach Lick Astronomic Observatory where you can see a vast portion of California for miles. Been there, is spectacular!

4 Likes

How could you?! You…

5 Likes

did i miss this? @Battosaii im in atlanta and would have loved to join :disappointed_relieved:

And me! 20190107_124245

8 Likes

No you didn’t miss it, it’s being pushed back to March I dont have a concrete date but we have large groups from DC and NYC coming to ride with us.

1 Like

Unfortunately I think I’mma have to pull out, 10 days away and I don’t think I’d be ready. That, and I’m currently already out of town and timing sucks.

Im going no matter what. Even if I have to ride my DIY 4s with 74mm wheels. I know Barrett will eat me alive. But, It is all about being a part of history. The first ever outlaw uphill event. This is going to be rad.

9 Likes

Sold her before I started tinkering.

1 Like

Please add my buddy rob. He’s rolling on a custom quad clone of my DIYvolve but with the most flexy deck I’ve ever seen riden over 30mph.

2 Likes

Baja breaking 30mph and stable. I stand corrected :+1:. They have a ton of cool qualities. What prompted you to sell?

I can’t get away with last second dodges and cuts in city traffic that otherwise make a fairly quick street board fun and faster than a car.

True, I do have to have the suspension tightened up to hold anything over 30 without getting wobbles and hard breaking dips the front if you aren’t braced for it well before.

It doesn’t fit in my car, and I feel stupid ubering to off-road areas where it really shines. I know, drive a more practical car.

1 Like

image packing my little case for the race. See ya there. Going to skate most of Thursday if it’s dry.

10 Likes

So I guess most people are planning on showing up early. I may just try to drive in Saturday morning.

How many people are planning on camping?

1 Like

We’re camping at Potrero State Park. Should be there early Friday. Looking fwd to seeing everyone at the hill.

4 Likes

Please keep us updated from the hill!

Will you guys have a car follow in the front and back recording the race?

1 Like

Will send updates and pics as we can. Road will be closed while racing. Car cam I don’t think would be good or allowed. Should be video from helmet and board cams. Looks to be a good turnout for this first ever event with all types/makes of boards being put to the test.

1 Like

How about some drone footage then?

1 Like