1.8 Mile UP-Hill Race

How u find front drive vs rear?

Interesting I also just noticed that. I guess FWD is better at uphill turning? @MoeStooge

Front drive. With the weight removed from the rear axel the truck can recover more efficiently increasing overall stability. Braking grip is more efficient. Downside is Heavy accel under 20mph will break traction.

2 Likes

What u mean

weight of the drive train, I believe

Recover from a turn I guess. . With the front truck doing most of the turning I’d think w that logic id want to have the motors on rear truck since the rear truck turns less.

Possibly the truck being heavier would give more stability and you’d want that weight especially on the truck that is doing most of the turning. And since we turn with the front the most front drive gives best stability. Heavier weights at the end of the axle like with hub motors especially would work to counter any input. Any input from rider or road would be smoothened.

With weights it would reduce how fast you could turn ultimate but in realistic use with the added stability at least better for non-racing at the .001sec. Maybe.

. I think this is why I’ve never gotten a speed wobble w front wheel drive. It would have to get some really big forces to flip the hanger back and forth vs a light weight truck n wheels with the same tightness of bushings

Thanks Mo! My issues were a ground loop I hadn’t noticed in my bms, it was throwing over current faults when hitting the brakes at only low speeds. Fixed that with a newer smaller version with no possibility of ground loops.

Then I’m testing a couple of the new maytech dual’s and somehow they burn out two receivers! I confirmed that today with a second set of flipsky 6.6’s. Not getting any ppm signal in the vesc even though the light is on confirming bind(that offbrand mini remote). So now I’m waiting for a set of g2b’s to come in so I can get rolling. Its driving me crazy how much work I’ve done on this build and little mistakes like this bring me to a screeching halt. No worries though I’m confident we can be rolling this week. Btw do we pay now or at the track on race day?

1 Like

Weight of an object determines recovery time. A weighted object needs more opposing force to self right. Instability comes from the rear. If a weighted hanger begins ocillating vs a lightweight hanger. The light weight hanger will be easier to recover. With the drive dynamic removed from the rear it simplifies the function of the rear hanger for high speed application and allows it to do it’s job which is to track with the front hanger. Not saying rear drive is bad. But if your objective is to go fast and straight a lightweight rear hanger is better than a driven heavy one.

3 Likes

Sign in at the hill Jan 19th. $25.00 entry gets you in the race and an event T-SHIRT

1 Like

What’s the charging situation look like? I imagine we’ll have to charge a bit after going up the hill a few times.

A weighted object would also need more force to get out of line to begin with though.

Why you say instability comes from the rear? I feel like many things could cause instability and the front could also be responsible. it seems you’re more likely to become unstable due to the front truck as it is more maneuverable. All in theory

Someone brings a generator?

I’m bringing a 1600w honda

Build a board and bring it to the track.

Oh great, that’s just enough juice for my charger to run! hahahaha

1 Like

What’s everyone else gonna use?!?!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

daisy chain from his battery.

Hey, even at 12 amps, it’s still going to take me over 2 hours for a full charge haha.

1 Like

With bank you have you shouldn’t have to charge the whole weekend.

2 Likes

Race Roster: update

1. @Arzamenable (custom Quad)
  2. @moestooge (custom Dual)
  3. @ethel (custom Dual)
  4. @trancejunkiexxl (custom Quad)
  5. @OllinBoardCompany @chaka (Ollin Dual Diag)
  6. Art Z. (custom Dual)
  7. @Psychotiller Tim. ( ??? ???)
  8. Ramon H.
  9. Jason L. (Custom Dual)
  10. Ben G. (Raptor 2x4)
  11. @Winfly (13s Hummies)
  12. @evoheyax (Hummies)
  13. @TowerCrisis (TBA)
  14. Jonner (Hoyt race spec)
  15. Justin M (Custom Dua
  16. Joe V (Custom Dual)
  17. Mccloed(Psychotiller)