Yuneec E-Go IKEA-Mod for Kids

@Mobutusan I testet different trucks, different bushings and most didn’t not work well, but the Navigator trucks did the job. Griptape ist a problem, it stops the truck from moving. For the wheels, you get wheelbites with normal wheels, so I use small scooter wheels.

Some videos of the progress we went through, we testet different mods, but I think it’s final now and the kids are happy.

11 Likes

E-sk8 dad of the year :slight_smile:

6 Likes

get a throttle and esc set up like you would see on an e-bike and it will be perfect.

I strapped my Acton Blink Board under a Little Tikes Cozy Coupe. Baby loved it, too bad there was no steering.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the detailed info, photos and videos! Looks like you’ve done a lot of testing and I appreciate you sharing your findings. I’m going to see if I can come with something similar, and hopefully avoid the pitfalls you’ve mentioned. Plus, I’ve got a 5 year old test subject who loves to help daddy any way he can! Even the rolling horse idea is genius. What a great way to get my ESk8 fix, spend time with the kids, and share my favorite hobby with them all at the same time!

I second the dad of the year nomination… :smiley::thumbsup:

thank you

5 years is a good age to start eboarding :smiley:

1 Like

i would say it is like skiing if you can stand upright you can learn it, i was put on skis at the age of 3 and e-boarding has the benefits of being not in could snow for hours for the little one. how about a wider wheelbase in the front and a lower sitting position for a lower center of gravity so you can coner better on this board, as 18 kmh is not that slow there might be some benefits in it if your kid is able to follow you better around bends and it is a lot more fun if you feel a bit of g-force in the corners.

but this is after an air rifle one of the best toys ever for a boy

Air rifles, electric skateboards and fireworks are what the kids really want. And they could all be done at once on the birthday. But when that happens look for a drug problem in later life. Maybe hook the electronics and rear truck up to a razor scooter with hand throttle/brake. That’s what I want

That will be my next project … after I finish the two boards that are work in progress.

Junior has been nagging me for a long time now.

i really want to build a little race-car looking trailer for my toddler so he can ride with me. That’s going to have to happen soon.

1 Like

One of these days, I’m going to mod my kid’s Mini Cooper power wheels car. Once i figure out how to do proportional foot pedal controls. Maybe swap a 6s esc in there and bump up the voltage

try and error

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuIWLY0Djl8

1 Like

thats awsome