Your opinion on Buffalo F1 board

Here’s a thread back from the dead

Yep HOLY SHIT I have one at my house…

Review and ride videos to come.

Aren’t you curious?

2 Likes

@Michaelinvegas have you ridden/tested the board yet? how is the performance for speed and hills?

Those wheels are pretty much exactly Evolve GT wheels!

I have been unfortunately sick this week…and really haven’t had the opportunity to ride or test much out… I’ve un boxed it and poked around… I’ll make a video and review soon But for now

3 Likes

Don’t they have any website where they are selling it ? I can’t find anything else exept the kickstarter link xD

There is a clone who seem to be nice and would be available even after kickstarter, as they are already selling other eboard https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1375688346/flex-eboard-rough-stuff-electric-longboard/description

@Truebanana they are available on amazon.

@Michaelinvegas were you able to try it? It looks like a tempting board for $700ish

@Battosaii lol just been busy and haven’t had time…

But…let me add this quick thought abt the brakes…

The faster you go…the sooner and the harder they engage…

So…stopping adds an extra level of (unwanted) excitement to your ride.

There is no clone. I-wonder is the manufacturer for both of these companies and with a 5k budget you can create a custom enclosure and call it your own. :slight_smile: However Buffalo has an odd history and or lack of and shady marketing by trying to sell the buffalo enclosure in a second marketing attempt on indiegogo under Motion Boards brand. So that’s all i can say for that.

I expect the board to be decent for the money but nothing to scream about.

Too much flex for my taste. They took the flex thing to much forward. The boards shape looks funny, is almost like a toy. Like a chinese toy (which It is) too much plastic. The logo, which is ugly, wont help to the overall image either. In aviation they have a saying for aircraft design: “If is beautiful It will fly good.”

Do they seriously say that in aviation? I think the b2 looks amazing but good luck flying that rudderless bitch without computers

1 Like

Funny you said that, considering the B-2 is not only the first stealth intercontinental bomber, but also the first stealth tetra engine aircraft, still the only one in existence after more than 3 decades since the advent of stealth technogy, a flying wing, with fly-by-wire (your computers) and on top of that, almost 30 years in service (since 1988)… so not only is a beautiful plane (striking) but the most advanced aircraft ever designed, devilish accurate, the most expensive aircraft ever built, tested in battle and the most lethal bomber ever. You bet this astonishing beautiful aircraft flies (computers or not) like Aladins carpet, hell yeah!!

1 Like

…and yes, they really said that in the aviation world. (there it goes your Buffalos down the drain)

These guys have been on ebay for quite some time now.

Has anyone been able to contact this company ?? Need replacement parts. I’m looking for a motor. Perhaps someone can tell me what motor it is (or something that will work), and I can get a generic replacement somewhere else.

Thank you.

I think its a N5055 Motor? Really not sure on this. you could measure how wide the mounts are apart and see what fits, as far as I know the mounts will fit more than just the motor they sell.

here are replacement parts hope this helps

3 Likes

WOW Thank you thank you for the response. This is a tremendous help.

1 Like

So I got a new motor, but the wiring is different colors.

Old Motor wires

NEW Motor wires

Does anyone know how these colors correspond to each other?

Thank you in advance.

It shouldn’t really matter how you connect them up… Except that some combinations will result in the motor spinning in the wrong direction. Just play around with the combos until both motors spin in desired way.

99% sure I’m right with this. Someone will correct me if not :grin:

UPDATE : I hooked up the replacement motor ( the one with these wires ) in multiple combinations, for trial and error.

I get nothing, no forward spin, even if I give it a hand spin, the motor does not kick in. However, it does brake when I push the controller lever in the down position, so I know there is power getting to it.

The old motor has a sensor, the new motor is sensorless. Could this be the problem?