Youngest and Oldest Builders on the Forum

Lucky, my mom only funded my second GT2B after I smashed the first one on the ground. Pretty sure she felt bad for me :joy:

My parents agreed to fund this board to a certain extent but it’s gone so far over budget it’s ridiculous. I’m lucky they supported me as far as they did but I’m paying for my mistakes. It’s unbelievably frustrating if I burn a VESC and I know it’s gonna be months before I can ride again. Last time I had a successful ride was early June, but it should be good to go again this weekend.

3 Likes

Haha nice. I told my mum everyone will be able to use the hobby charger to charge other batteries so she would buy it for me😂 Technically I didn’t lie cos they can use it for charging other batteries just they don’t have any that it will charge😂

5 Likes

ive had just about the same luck as you. I’ve basically built 2 boards at this point

Speaking of escs… do either of you want a Hobbyking 100a ESC? Brakes aren’t good enough for my area just pay me shipping @pat.speed @faithfulpuppy

@GrecoMan Nah sorry man just finished my build and don’t need any spares at the moment. Thanks anyway. Where you at btw we could meet up for a ride

Hahaha don’t I know it. The only things that haven’t broken/been replaced yet are my motor, wheels, battery, and deck. I wish I had started this a year later now that there are a lot of solid low cost options (or just bought a meepo or gotten in on the early raptor 2 GB)

I’ve replaced all those and then some :joy:

1 Like

40 years, 41 in a months time.

Only started 5 months ago, but still waiting for parts…

1 Like

I’ll definitely take it! You can never have too many backups lmao

1 Like

PM sent! :grin:

Haha I wish! My ex had a nicer stubble than I…

1 Like

23 in december

1 Like

↑ Mid 30es. Had I started this hobby as teenager, would probably end up selling my left kidney, sister and parent’s house. It is worse than drug addiction.

6 Likes

My kidney is actually listed on eBay right now… :joy:

2 Likes

15 here, all about savings

I’ve replaced everything but the deck and 99 cent enclosure so far lol.

doing drugs was definitely cheaper.

2 Likes

38 next month, skateboarded from 7-22 (graduated from college), stopped after getting first suit and tie job, never thought I’d skate again until I discovered this forum.

HEY “old” folks. Am I the only one who look at old people in e-wheelchairs/scooters and think “I’ll build a kicka$$ one when I get that old and decrepit, I can’t be seen going that slow!”

15 Likes

25 years old here. Awesome to see such a large age range on this forum!