WR board build... 75mph

brakes look like they are working well MoeBro, trying to figure out what the sounds are :exploding_head:

Brakes were set at 25% . With the 60mph tall gearing they needed a bump up to 35% for the DH portion of the run. Very happy with the performance of the mamba XL-x.

This is the good old sound everybody heard before Vescs were a thing :wink: ESC braking sound.

2 Likes

motor timing… change in frequency… plenty of adjust-ability in the mamba, most importantly power :facepunch: just need to work it out, sounds at the beginning, middle too i’m trying to work out…

2 Likes

So, what batteries are you running?

20ah 8s 10c. For the test pass… will have 8ah 8s 100c in the near future. Lipo

1 Like

@MoeStooge needs to work in the camera mount a bit! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Google “FPV jello” and the millions of threads on how to combat it…there’s tons of tricks, from moon gel to active stabilization…1st step is get the highest shutter speed you can, and then isolate the shit out of the camera. it’s not easy and takes tons of trial and error to get it right…

1 Like

This doesn’t give me the “jello” feel. This looks more like an old GoPro before they added stabilization. If it is a GoPro, it is also possible that it is slightly loose in the case. Sending the footage through Adobe Premier Pro Warp Stabilization would it improve it a bit. Just holding the camera in hand would also improve the footage quite a bit.

Sean, he has a long stick on a rubber mount…just say’n

1 Like

What, no duct tape?

Conspicuously absent…

im sure he’s not all that interested in winning the film festival, but i get your guys point. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Yeah that will hurt the situation, it should be hard mounted to vehicle or on super sturdy extension. We should make fun of him for it! lol

Make something like this on a sturdy stick…or just come to my house and Ill chase and film ya…lol 1c8e7dc381eceb33258fde2ba9f88a09_preview_featured

2 Likes

Good luck chasing him on this beast, your gonna have to ditch your board and get out the car

7 Likes

send him it cause you aint gunna be chasing this board unless your in a car :rofl::alien:

2 Likes

Hung a grab handle on the front. Does this make it a scooter?? ! More testing today. Board is geared for 60+. Will see how she does and report. First round of tests proved with good results. This round should be making small adjustments at or above WR speeds.IMG_20180615_220824670|690x388 IMG_20180615_220712349 IMG_20180615_221607078_HDRIMG_20180615_220824670

15 Likes

oh, i didn’t realise motors were at the front. why is this? is to to keep more weight in the nose?

5 Likes

Max Capps DH Champion on the WR board at 63mph today testing. IMG_20180616_151305

36 Likes

Looks like a new record.

2 Likes