Wiring of the 6S BMS

I’m trying to wire my two 3s batteries to a 6s BMS. I made a wiring diagram, but I’m kinda scared to try it out, so I would like to hear you guys opinions about it first.

Here is a picture of the wiring diagram.

There are a couple a sketches trough above the diagram, but that has nothing to do with it.

1 Like

i was advised against this when i asked about this…

Why is that?

check out what @Namasaki told me in my old thread maybe he can clarify

Namasaki makes some good points there but only when using 6s In any case @jimmaskell If you still want to use a bms on a 6s only for charging , your diagram looks good to me

I wouldn’t say against there. I think he simply stated his opinion. Adviced against makes it sound like its dangerous. Or maybe it’s just my English

thats why i shared the thread… so you can see his words first hand, i dont think he said that cuz of a danger issue idk. also i wasnt trying to imply anything of the sort. i still think his opinion inclines me against using a bms on a 6s build imo.

It makes perfect sense if you have a 6s hobby charger

I understand, but It’s just that, with the BMS, you don’t have the hassle of taking of your enclosure and charging them separately with a hobby charger.

Here is the link to the BMS and the batteries that I’m using.

1 Like

thats what i thought i understood… at least thats why i made that thread in the first place. i wanted on board charging for my board and battery checker and leds from a bms but i went a different route on account of what nam told me. being the trust level he is i thought it would be best to hold off on a bms until i upgrade to an 8 or 10s build. im not trying to confuse anyone just trying to help

Shouldn’t one of the black balance wires go to B- and the other black balance should be left unhooked along with B+

Also charge + typically goes to battery +, in fact all + all get tied together and you put the loop key from batt - to esc -

Please let us know what make and model BMS it is or provide photos

1 Like

The black balance wire of the lower Battery goes to the B-, I’m trying to make a system the way that I can unplug the batteries when needed, that’s why I bought JST-XH 3S extension, of which I will use the female sides to connect to batteries and cut off the male sides so I can solder the wires to the plug which goes into the BMS. This can be seen in the diagram.

To be honest, I don’t exactly know if the second black balance wire should be connected or disconnected, but on another persons wiring diagram for two 3s batteries to a 6s BMS I saw the second black balance wire connected.

I don’t exactly know what you mean with the lines “Also charge + typically goes to battery +, in fact all + all get tied together and you put the loop key from batt - to esc -”

Here a link to the female balance connectors I bought:

Please let us know what make and model BMS it is or provide photos

I replied with two links to DevinG

So you want to charge your batteries trough the balance cables? I’m not sure but I think they are not thick enough to take 2A (?) charge current :slight_smile:

They are thick enough for that.

1 Like

Than his wiring is OK I guess?

I definitely did not say that

B3, B4, and B5 look wrong

What would you suggest to improve the wiring diagram? My diagram is inspired by this diagram that I found: image

2 Likes