Why helmet safety has become my #1 priority

depends on what you are doing. if you are just going to school and back or crusing on the beach, helmet, gloves, knee pads are good enought

1 Like

Ugh…can’t do full leathers man…even on a motorcycle I couldn’t do it…Nevada heat and NY humidity …it’s a killer

I agree with you, what I meant in my post was when where out doing the speed thing 25+

Winter time…Snowboard suit!

I know what you mean, I’ve been to Vegas in the summer when you could ride in shorts and a T-shirt past midnight.

Lol you could ride naked and still be hot lol

It was so hot the other night my eyeballs were drying out lol

1 Like

Joining the TSG Pass gang :sunglasses:

No helmet, no respect

24 Likes

Daft punk style

3 Likes

Damn, same helmet, I definitely want to go to work like that with the GT at least once : p Just don’t mess up the suit lol

1 Like

Looking dapper! We should all be riding around in suits with intergalactic looking headgear.

5 Likes

Take me to your leader

1 Like

Not full faced but you get the drift.

5 Likes

Rik besides from the helmet I dig your shoes bro …what are they ?

Honestly wouldn’t recommend those sneakers for skating, I actually sprained my foot because I didn’t get enough flexibility in my arch. I should have just worn my Vans :wink: But for regular use they’re cool. Just don’t use them for skating!

http://images.asos-media.com/inv/media/3/9/3/1/5991393/image2xxl.jpg

http://us.asos.com/Dark-Future-High-Top-Sneakers-in-Black-With-Buckle-Straps/18ypws/?iid=5991393

2 Likes

Have any of you gotten aggressive abrasion from falling at speed even while wearing elbow and knee pads? I’m just trying decide whether or not to get full body armor / full leathers… I’ll be going about 22-25mph on average, sometimes a bit more. I’ve fallen once with a 2 layered cost on in the winter and gotten a scar on my shoulder. Wasn’t going that fast either…

How many of you would actually wear full leathers or body armor in the summer for commuting? I want to go fast while commuting to work but don’t want to lose my skin / visit the ER :slight_smile:

I posted this up on another thread but i have ordered this @Mr_Mahal for body armor, it doesn’t look too crazy like some of the other body armor with a bunch of plastic plates everywhere:

5 Likes

I always wanted to ask what shoes you were wearing in all of your videos, i noticed straps and wanted to ask. I wear something similar, high tops but with no straps.

I usually wear some type of Asos shoe but Vans 106 mid are definitely the most comfortable and appropriate for carving.

I saw that, from the reviews I saw it seems like it’s mostly meant for snowboarding or basically cold weather uses. Might pick it up for the winter but I need something breathable…seems like breathable and protective don’t go together : p

Road rash seems to be the only real threat when it comes to body armor vs leathers/jackets… I might have to toughen up and risk it. Would make riding intolerable on humid days if I had to wear a jacket. I’d like to think if I’m gonna bail at least my bones wouldn’t be broken. Probably gonna just practice sliding on my pads and wear my Pass, better than nothing.

I saw some kevlar hoodies at a local bike shop, quite pricy for $100 a hoodie, but it looks just like a casual black sweater only with build in pads and rip protection. So i’m going to get one soon. Just search ‘kevlar hoodie’ and you’ll find enough on the web.