Why helmet safety has become my #1 priority

Couldn’t agree more my friend🙂

2 Likes

:+1: safety is always the first important thing

1 Like

they are just about illegal here in a lot of places in Florida too

Completely agree. There’s really no reason to risk your life for the sake of looking “cool”.

1 Like

looks like ruroc is gonna have a good sale on black friday

1 Like
3 Likes

hi all,

i run in berlin city a longboard shop and also the biggest longboard community in europe. since more than 15 years i fall in love with longboard downhill and since 12 years i go for WC race around the world. what I have learned - alsways wear a helmt. what I have also learned - if i or my friends make a video show the people to wear a helmet. so we never make a video without a helmet.

many of the manufacturers post marketing videos in the social networks where the drivers do not wear helmets. as a manufacturer you have a role model.

since many years all longboard manufacturers post only videos with helm, which should be also with the drive manufacturers worldwide.

how do you see it? should manufacturers be obliged? we always write to such videos - no helmed no respect - !!

just my 2 euro cents

4 Likes

Yes eboard manufacturers should bear the responsibility of safety in all of their marketing materials.

2 Likes

For those interested, Torch has their entire line of the T2 LED helmets on sale on their site:

5 Likes

When you think about angles and best visibility for being seen, having the lights integrated into the helmet would have to win hands down. Your like mini lighthouse sipping through the streets. I’ve actually been thinking about putting a small flasher on the back of my helmet.

1 Like

or ELwire, TRON style. i’ve been thinking about doing this. just have to find time to actually do it. too much thinking not enough doing.

1 Like

haha yeah I kinda did that awhile ago, it was pretty interesting, got a lot of strange looks.

2 Likes

that’s awesome! but did you have the battery pack in the helmet? or in your pocket or backpack?

It was powered by a AA battery pack that was hidden in the back of helmet

Just made a quick review of the Torch T2 Helmet with Integrated LED Lights:

3 Likes

That would freak me out to no end. You never know when you will take a tumble, no matter how much experience you have.

OMG,god bless you:fearful:

man that tsg is nice looking but $250 is steep, considering there are several other full face helmets that work about as well. style is expensive :frowning:

1 Like

I just ordered a cheaper helmet. This is it. It is $90. It is meant for motorcycles, but it looks small and light weight enough.

4 Likes

Remember that motorcycle helmets are made and designed to withstand and protect the areas where usually a motorcycle rider gets hit, which isn’t the same as long boarding, so having a motorcycle helmet will help but there are better options. Thanks for wearing a helmet though!