Which Camera to film awesome Esk8 videos with?!

At the end of the day, any camera you can get your hands on is just a tool or a vessel to create really engaging content that comes from within. We need more vids up in here! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@RunPlayBack need to put up some type of thread to talk abt options people have…you might be the person here with the most equipment…I’m pretty sure of it lol

But need something starting at good budget cams to get them going…then to intermediate equipment and so on

1 Like

Canon 700D aka Rebel t5i is what I am planning to get unless you guys think there is something better.

1 Like

I got some stuff on the How to Make Great Electric Skateboard Videos thread. Some of my gear is a little overkill for ESK8. Honestly I come here to get away from the camera gear crowd sometimes lol. Lots of talking about gear and who can spend the most and not enough actual shooting and storytelling. With or without a budget, with an iPhone or an Arri it doesn’t matter to me, I’m always at service to the story/emotion.

2 Likes

Agree, let’s stop talking about equipment, just post awesome footage from whatever…

1 Like

This is a perfect place to talk abt it

That’s why there exist this thread

1 Like

Where are your vids?:question:

1 Like

Haha, I’m enjoying being called out, and trust me there’s nothing that I would to like more than share my video’s. But as far as I’ve come. Everything I would show would be illegal in Belgium and I would be digging my own grave with that footage. So tell me, what would you do?

Lol post it anyway lol

I’m a fan of DSLR’s - just about any of the current gen (or even a generation back) work really well. Pick one and you just have to learn how to use it.

I’ve found it’s more about the process and your skill than the actual camera. Good lenses are worth investing in - so picking a long-term platform is really helpful. I chose Nikon since a couple semi-pro friends let me borrow lenses whenever i want (huge bonus - good glass is $$).

With ample light - the lens is rarely a limitation. Start getting into low-light and it’s all about fast glass though. Or defocus control for blurred backgrounds.

Gopro is a great start if you can swing it!

2 Likes

I initially asked for doing what you dont. Id like to record videos to post em on the internet but I guess uploading videos of me riding illegally here in Germany is like digging my own grave too…

I have a D800 that has never taken a single video… but is extremely capable. I’m a stills kinda guy - w/ gopro for action stuff (paragliding, skating, etc.). A gopro hitting the ground - no worries. My D800 - i’d be devastated.

1 Like

I’ve got a rebel eos1 sl1

It’s pretty similar to the other canons in that price range, and I’d definitely recommend it.

Lol my mom bought it (the white one at that) for photos, but didn’t like all the digital stuff, so she went to her old Minolta from the 90’s…

So now I’ve got it for stills and tripod videos in edition to a couple Garmin virbs for action shots

1 Like

How in the tarnation do you put that on a selfie stick :thinking:

JK :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Carbon fiber selfie sticks for max performance with a heavy DSLR: that’s the key :wink:

1 Like

Oh I was think more like this lol

4 Likes

Just got the Firefly 7s (successor to the popular 6s) and first impressions are great: http://www.banggood.com/Hawkeye-Firefly-7S-4K-120-Degree-7mm-Lens-Sony-CMOS-WIFI-Real-time-Playback-Preview-Camera-p-1058047.html?p=842322733432201408CW

Sample video when u have a chance @paragon

No problem; to be fair I’m not a videography expert, but you guys can be the judge of that :wink:

someone tried the garmin virb ultra 30 ? the stabilizer and the G-Metrix data looks awesome, but is almost expensive as one esk8 :cry: