Where can you get a GOOD vesc these days?

Are you talking about the FOCBOX?

Yes, all files should be released since it’s based on his open source project, that’s how these things work. I wrote an iphone app based on another open source project. Thus, I released source code because first, it might be helpful to others and second, I’m legally required to.

I have yet to see any FOCBOX BOM or pcb files or firmware code. Can anyone confirm if he ever released them?

1 Like

This is the most available, for v1.3, never seen any bom, and just the PDF of the PCB

I haven’t seen a PCB design file, a BOM, or a Gerber file of the FOCBOX, just the schematic PDF.

Do the heatsink design files need to be released too? Not sure if that’s considered a derivative of Vedder’s work.

Well that’s mostly useless if you don’t want to spend a lot of time putting that together.

Have you seen the pcb files for the 6.4 that stewii did?

No he hasn’t released those, but is selling the bare PCB for $10

I don’t mind supporting him for his work. I just wondered since I would like to have them manufactured for me. Don’t know enough or have enough time to learn assemble and test and flash the firmware of these vescs.

Chat with him I’m sure something can be worked out

I’ll reach out to him. Really need someone with the skills to help move somethings around so a few pieces can be added to it also to make our lives simpler. Still don’t understand why the VESC doesn’t have built in bluetooth. Or multiple vesc’s in one board hardwired together for example.

3 Likes

I think this year will be an interesting year for ESCs, there are a bunch in development from numerous people

3 Likes

Okay so I found the term where it states that’s software and hardware modifications are not covered. Towards the middle http://www.enertionboards.com/Enertion-boards-Terms-Conditions.html

It also states that if the product is out of warranty it can be sent in and repaired for a reasonable price.

So to answer your old question, Changing to vedders 3.xx fw would in fact void your warranty.

1 Like

Btw I was willing to send mine, but was refused that option

Hmm okay I can look into your case for you if you like? I’ll see what I can do for you. Wanna send some pics of the focbox to my email at [email protected]

Or you can send your focbox to me. And I can inspect it.

It’s all good now, repaired it myself(my first vesc repair) and sold it months ago, it’s riding around the streets of NYC to this day :grin:

1 Like

Oh okay gotcha. Well if you have any issues in the future (hopefully not) keep me in the loop. I’ll be sure to take care of you!

3 Likes

Maybe ESCape vesc sold on here

These have been put through punishment

looks brand new! where’s it from, and how much, and can it do foc?

I stock all these and this what they come with. Usb and hall adapter for motor. Let me get the link to a video I did on these.

Check that out. I am simply obsessed with power and speed. The housing and big batteries comes in at 4.6lbs;) I don’t think the motor gives a damn about a couple lbs either.

Maytech 6374 12S 10k mah Maytech VESC Maytech remote Gearing 16t 36t… Do the math:slight_smile:

Without the upgrades, they are more vulnerable. Also, assembly has been hit or miss on them. Some have no issues, some do, the consistency is not there.

1 Like