When I squeze the trigger the motor wont turn!

As long as you hold it, it stays at a hundred right? Do the same for brake/reverse to see that you get 0%.

full throttle is 100, full brake is 14 and maybe 13, rest is 53/54 how can I adjust my settings?

To change the center you can change your throttle trim on your remote. To get 0% you change the minimum pulsewidth. If you change one thing the other changes. If you download @ackmaniac firmware you can change the center pulsewidth. You want the values to be as close to 0% 50% 100% as possible, but the most important you want it to be 50% when you turn off control.

Test to see what the value is when you turn off control

Okay, i changed the settings on my VESC and controller and now it is 3% low, 50% mid, and 100% full. What next?

What happens when you turn off remote? What %

37% in total (I am now just getting those 10 chars)

When the remote is turned off is the most important value. If connection is lost that’s the value it will go to (brakes in this case).

You need to set failsafe. Sometimes there is a button on the receiver that says “failsafe” that you press. If not the procedure might be to rebind so failsafe is set to 50% (netruel when connection is lost)

I rebound but it still goes to 37%

Is possible your remote has no failsafe, but I doubt it. Did you remove bind plug while power was still on till you got solid lights, then turn off receiver/board power and turn off control

I think i did everything you said but remove power from the board. Could you give me slighly more clear instructions please? I am not fully understanding… :confused:

Not sure if its same for you but…

Everything off… Insert bind plug in bind slot of receiver… power up the receiver/turn on board… Hold bind button on controller and turn on… Lights should go solid… Remove bind plug… then turn off board… then turn off controller… Turn on controller… Turn on board

did not work, but shouldn’t the bord just brake at 37%? it is not a very heavy brake so I should be alright… Correct?

You should check online for your specific remote. I would not use it with no failsafe if you’re accelerating and go straight to brake due to loss connection you can hurt yourself. You can test on on bench to see if everything is working. When riding say 5mph turn off remote to see how bad it is without failsafe. If doesn’t have failsafe I would look at mini remote as possible alternative.

I have the Quanum pistol grip remote in case you know where to look…

Failsafe

This article says that the VESC should have it built in

Quality assist, good on ya :grinning:

1 Like

From my understanding the vesc has failsafe if all power is lost to receiver. Remote has separate failsafe if just connection is lost. Try Google how to set failsafe+ your remote or YouTube video. Busy at the moment. It is possible remote has no failsafe because it is a budget remote. Remotes aren’t​ to pricey if new one is needed

Thanks. 10 char

On my remote you have to remove the bind plug while the board is till switched on. Just switch it on with the bind plug in it. Leave the remote and the board switched on and remove the bind plug. Then the receiver should know where your idle position is. If that doesn’t work then you should trim your throttle with the potentiometer until it shows at idle the same pulsewidth as when it is switched off.

The problem is that when your board brakes when it looses connection it will send you flying. Imagine you accelerate hard and lean forward and out of nowhere your board brakes. The failsafe at the vesc is there if it looses the connection to the receiver. Like when the cable gets loose or the receiver breaks.

So, I don’t think that my remote has a potentiometer. It is a cheap remote that I could afford. I was wondering if I could program the VESC’s failsafe to make up for this. If I lost connection to the remote, it resorts to 37%, braking enough to hurt me at high speeds. Is there a way to program this using the BLDC tool?