Wheels brake locking in FOC right before dead stop

single motor or dual?

Dual 6374’s

Edit: mine isn’t slow but coming from an evolve i like a little bit of a kick. And i use tb vescs so i limit the initial Kick a little bit with the throttle curves so i don’t pop my babies

1 Like

alternative setup if ran with no brakes in settings, just came across this…

1 Like

I can dig that. You should be safe at 60/-40/60/-12. Try that and see if its any better.

Will give it a pop bro! Cheers!

1 Like

Same problem here, dual foc, sensored, foc mode. Breaks abruptly just before stopping from rolling resistance alone. It’s annoying.

see my post at

and how i solved it

Cheers

3 Likes

For me it doesn’t happen, or if it happen I’m so used that I don’t usually notice

80mm wheels, 14/34 gearing and 190kv 5055

Could it be VESC 6 vs FOCBOX? Since the later has only two shunts? What are you guys running?

Could you share your drive setup? E.g. gearing, wheel size, etc?

I noticed you were running FOC, this hack fixed it for FOC as well?

Thanks in advance, really annoying to be kicked off my board.

yeah FOC with canbus dual 150KV motors 15T motor cog 66T wheel cog 175 wheels

1 Like

Thanks I applied the hack… Will report back once I have some results…

What’s your motor and batt min settings?

1 Like

I did some testing on a single motor board. 90mm Flywheel, the insta-stop isn’t present., 107mm Flywheels insta-stop is there but very minimal. 6in 6 shooters it’s def there. 7.5 in most definitely there. Seems it’s all related to wheel size vs low end RPM.

Exact same setup just changing wheel size?

1 Like

That looks interesting. Good job on the workaround :+1:. And I really don’t get why VESC tool doesn’t let you modify this parameter. I posted a feature request on Benjamin’s forum: https://www.vesc-project.com/node/480 Unless there’s something that we’re missing here why this parameter should not be changed for FOC, it should be a 5 min job for him to add it for the next VESC tool release. It was probably just forgotten in the rewriting of the tool…

1 Like

@SkaterBoy58 This is a great find man!

Thanks a lot for posting the solution, I’ll try as soon as I have time later this week. This is exciting!

@Ackmaniac would you please include this into a future FW update?

1 Like

From the way that @SkaterBoy58 was able to fix it seems firmware already has it implemented. It’s really just adding the button to VESC tool.

Has only an effect in BLDC but not in FOC mode. I can try to expose the value. But no time this weekend. Maybe in the next week.

2 Likes

Yes sir

10c

1 Like

So you mean @SkaterBoy58 solution will not work?

He mentioned he is running FOC though…