Wheel pulleys for 107mm Flywheels

Ditto, if someone organizes a group buy around 107mm Abec wheel hubs that work for them, count me in for 4!

i’m in for at least two (dual diagonal); maybe 4.

The spacer I had made up measure 12mm thick. With this thickness, there’s only about 1mm between the belt and wheel when mounted. I think a 13mm or 14mm thick spacer would be idea. For my next build, I think I’m going to make my own spacer. I’ve made my own spacer out of 1/8 aluminum when having to mount abec 97’s using Torqueboard wheel pulley. I’ll just have to make say 4 of these to get a 13mm spacer needed. I took a measurement on how far the V3 TB mounts sit on the truck. It measures 61mm (Sorry about the bad pix).

1 Like

Thanks @cdn! What’s the outside diameter of the spacer you had made? I’m a bit surprised it doesn’t have any taper or shape to fit into the wheel… Must just be a straight spacer. Simpler actually than i thought.

What length and type bolts?

Thanks man!

I knew I forgot something. The bolts are M6 X 65mm. The diameter of the spacer is identical to TB’s wheel retainer. All my measurements were taken from the retainer except the thickness. When the bolts are tightened down, the end of the bolt is flush with the wheel pulley surface. If a 13 or 14 mm spacer is made, the bolt length may need to be increased to 70mm.

1 Like

Perhaps blasphemy lol, but I am looking at this separate esk8 thread on 3D printing 44T ABEC wheel pulleys for larger efly wheels. Would a 3D printed spacer of 12-14mm work in that case for 107mm wheels? Or in this case with TB 36T wheel pulley, as I do not have access to machined parts here so easily. Any thought much appreciated as I really need to figure out this 107mm build. Thanks!!

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/abec-11-flywheels-clones-34-36-38-40-42-44-tooth-pulley-stl-files-for-9mm-12mm-and-15mm-belts/7642

1 Like

If you want to give it a try I have 2- 40T 15mm 3D printed pulleys that fit ABEC 97mm wheels perfectly. Maybe it will fit the 107mm

No it want, the wheels are larger and theres more distance to their core

That can be change in the 3D file

But it’s another pulley then :stuck_out_tongue:

HEY! can you see how they fit. My understanding is the core in the 107 is offset something like 12 mm towards the center of the wheel so it more than likely wont fit well if at all. That being said, if someone can get me pics of the wheel, and the relative dimensions to adjust the model, I can go ahead and whip those up in the next few days.

Thanks @JuniorPotato93 Hoping someone on this thread more capable than I can provide the precise measurements you need to create a 107mm wheel pulley that works. I can take pictures but don’t even have a pair of calipers lol!!

Haha okay. Well, offer stands to anyone that can help out. @sl33py I’m looking at you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’ve got calipers arriving from Amazon shortly. Will take measurements for you.

1 Like

Let me know when you get them in and I’ll let you know what dimensions I’ll need to adapt the pulley for the 107

will do that, should be arriving tomorrow.

1 Like

Hey @JuniorPotato93 - sure i can try to help with that. I have no issue taking the pictures and posting them.

What i don’t see how to measure is the inside taper of the wheel. The depth to the front of the bearings seating edge is 27mm deep - but the narrower top opening vs 76/83/97mm flywheels means an inside profile that is “steeper” if that’s a good description.

The depth is 27mm - the top inside lip of the wheel i believe is 61mm ( i did a quick measurement - i’ll confirm) - how that tapers inside seems tough to determine just from these measurements. I could do individual measurements in 1mm increments from the lip of the wheel to the inside bearing lip… that should give you a plot of the profile, but would be about 20-30 measurements i’d guess. Alternatively i could try some sort of putty - put inside and remove, then picture the profile?

What are the groups thoughts on this? best/easiest way to get this?

At the end of the day i’d like to see if we can we get a 3d printable stl “spacer” to use w/ DIYes gear(or similar flat bottom gears from elsewhere)? Maybe in addition to full printed 9/12/15mm gears around 40-44t?

1 Like

I’m at work atm so I’ll come back with a list of a few dimensions that should be enough to get us moving forward with 107 specific pulleys.

Super cool man - appreciate your willingness to help with this! Where are you at and how do i buy you a beer!?

Lol Mississauga Canada and you don’t :stuck_out_tongue: Just enjoy them is all I ask