What's the difference in performance between dual a 6374 and dual 6355?

You might want to try 15mm belts and run them loose, more pulley longevity

I’m gonna try 9mm first. If they don’t hold up, then I’ll think about going wider. I already have pulleys and belts in 9mm Might as well try them.

I too have a single sensored 6374 with 10s3p and a 15mm belt. I’m 6ft tall and probably around 215-220lbs with all my gear on including a backpack. It is really my daily commuter (when functioning).

Acceleration is good except at the crest of the hill I must traverse on the way to work near the end of my commute. I’m not sure if it is voltage sag, the VESC overheating, or the sensors telling the VESC to chill out. I want to get another sensored 6374, and either a couple FOC boxes or if I suddenly become independently wealthy, a couple of VESC 6.0s to solve this problem. I definitely have to lean in even with only one motor when accelerating both at low and high speeds, because the 6374 has terrific torque. I’m sure having two motors will feel incredible, and will help me pull up some mountain passes when I next have to visit Norway this autumn. With the one motor I also feel the torque steer, but it isn’t too great that it feels unsafe.

Braking is good, but the battery isnt wired up correctly or something and so overcharge protection kicks in regularly if I brake too much and I have to bail (no bueno). I plan on getting a new battery sometime soon that is travel safe and wired correctly with the BMS(s) to remedy this.

I have wondered what the difference would be between dual 6374s or something else, and this thread basically helped me make up my mind. So thanks!

with a 10s3p, it could be voltage sag causing you to trip the low voltage protection on the vesc. Especially if the problem is at the end of your commute when your battery is somewhat depleted already.

A dual setup would help ease the stress on motors and vescs but it will not help the battery. And a dual setup will only benefit if the battery is up to the task. You might want to consider upgrading your battery before adding another motor and vesc.

1 Like

@Kaly what are you guys using for cells? I need a source as my master plan fell through haha. I want to make sure I’m using the ideal setup for my 12s4p board.

Also does anyone have a link for a charger that works well for 12s?

I use Lipos, 10s1p for medium range with a lot of muscle :muscle:

For this board I’m going to need to run li-ion i believe

From what I’ve heard, Samsung 30Q’s are in style. And then there’s Sony VTC4’s which I haven’t heard much about yet but they boast a whopping 30a discharge per cell. Probably worth looking into.

@Namasaki You`r still happy with those batteries ?

I saw your topic the other day, and was thinking if this was the battery for my upcoming Trampa urban carver build ?? On dual sk3 6355 or 6364(haven`t decided yet) 10s1p. What do you think ?

According to Hobbyking, they measure 25mm in height, and the trampa battery enclosure is 27mm… So this could do :slight_smile:

Did anyone test the difference in the 6364 motors trampa sell compared to 6374?

I’m still using them and l am still very happy with their performance. If your only needing medium range 10-12 miles and want a compact battery with a lot of punch and very little sag, then it’s a good option in my opinion.

NOTE: My riding is mostly recreational and less than 10 miles. A lot of hill climbing though.

1 Like

Yeah… on 7 inch wheels, the punch and little sag is very helpful i think. I know the range with “only” 5 amp is going to be limited. But for the price, it`s looks like a winner to me.

ya, it’s hard to beat the price. Also if you register on Hobby king and log in you get a better price than if you shop anonymously. And always check batteries that you get for Hobby King before doing anything with them. I ordered 4 Zippy’s once and 2 of them had a dead cell right out of the box. I contacted HK though and sent them a pic of the batteries with voltage meter showing the bad cell and they promptly shipped me 2 new packs. They did not want me to return the bad packs.

I know, i’ve been in to drone racing for the last two years. So i know hobbyking very well :slight_smile: One of the best batteries to fly racing quads with (my quads pulls over 100 amp on full throttle) is the Graphene serie Hobbyking has, they take a beating like no one else, with pretty darn low IR. But they are to big, to fit under the “trampa hood”

So, the one you are using is on backorder at the moment (EU) but i think i`m gonna buy them, when available again.

I’m using the 30Q

For a charger you can always count on the battery support ones really good so far, just the charging port it come with have to be replace for a more compact one that thing is huge :flushed: http://www.batterysupports.com/432v-44v-504v-4a-lithium-ion-lipo-battery-charger-12s-12x-36v-p-167.html

Also the BMS a 60Amps should be enough http://www.batterysupports.com/44v-48v-504v-12s-60a-12x-36v-lithium-ion-lipolymer-battery-bms-p-270.html

@Minim here is the difference on the 6355-6364-6374 It is clear.

Huge cooper mass increase

Now on the other hand between the 6355 & 6364 it is just too blurry IMO it is just the same motor in different dresses. Take a look.

A closer one

And this have been the story with all manufacturers including Sunray technology that makes the sk3 motors.

12 Likes

I know some of those racing drones can go close to 100 mph. A short time ago the Turnigy 60C packs where out of stock in US and China and where only available in AUS, and UK

You can probably order them from the China warehouse but shipping will be more.

Or you might find them on eBay. I have seen them on eBay before.

Yes they can, and the motors just keep getting more and more powerfull. The bottleneck in drone racing, is the battery. Demanding that a 1,3 or 1.5amp lipo battery shall deliver 100amp sometimes is just crazy, and kill them pretty fast, Graphene seems to hold up best at the moment.

I think i just wait and se if they hit the EU store soon again. I dont want to pay taxes and fee.

There are some boards on this forum. The Stator is exactly 1cm shorter, compared to 6374.

Frank

Why are you guys using the Samsung 30q cells over the LG HG2?

Samsung has a 15A constant discharge vs the 20A in the LG. Also LG is a 3ah instead of 2.5ah

Am I missing something?

30Q are are also 3Ahr