What's the best on/off button and battery indicator for 10s?

As I’ve mentioned before, I’m building a 10s4p pack. I wan’t to have a on/off button that’s nice and simple, preferably a button you push down on, instead of a flip switch sort of thing. And a battery indicator too, just simple as well, either a battery icon or just the % number would be great.

Thanks.

Because you are building the pack yourself i want to mention that i am selling vedder anti spark switch kits otherwise i would not bother you with it;)

Oh cool, I was looking for one of the power buttons too, do you have a site? Do you ship to Australia?

I would go with the Vedder Anti-spark switch as well as these two:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Battery-Capacity-Tester-Indicator-for-12V-24v-36v-48v-CAR-Lead-acid-lithium-/172143986261?hash=item281494c655:g:BiAAAOSwJQdW8m~D

2 Likes

@shunpo I am really sorry for hijacking your thread :frowning: This is my sale thread

No worries :slight_smile:

Which button do I select? There’s a bunch of options you can choose, which ones the right one? Have you had any experience with it as well?

Do you know of any good eBay power buttons? I’ve seen a lot of them when searching, but not sure if any of them are good or compatible.

For the Vedder Switch you will need a STDP switch!

It’s SPDT (Single Pole Dual Throw). :wink:

Alright. What about the one @lox897 mentioned? I really like the button, rather than the switch, will I need the Vedder thing then? Or is the one he linked plug and play sorta?

Hello, I have one question about battery indicators. I’m running 10s. Does this batt indicator set automaticaly, or it need to be programmed? I want 0% on 30V and 100% on 42v

You only can set the number of cells you are using and the indicator will use the standard lithium values to calculate 100%-0%. You can´t set different values like 30V = 0% (which is too low by the way).

No, it’s not too low. It’s pretty standart. Theoretically I can discharge my cells till 26V

Edit: you are right. There is not even a STDP switch :smiley:

What is the voltage at the switch? Is it battery voltage or is there a drop down in the circuit somewhere? I was also looking for a waterproof switch to use on the anti spark.

I got told that the voltage does not really matter as long as it is a SPDT :wink:

So if you run 50V through a 12V rated DC switch might not be the best idea. A lot of people say things not knowing what they are talking about. Have you read anything about derating AC switches when running DC current through them? When you have AC power it crosses 0V many times a second so the arc will break easily when opening the switch. DC is a different subject cause there is no alternating current there is never 0V and thus DC switches are rated based on the arc gap needed at a certain voltage to break the circuit.

I think it does matter. Will something else work possibly, but I am not an electrical engineer and only see a 1M ohm resistor on the circuit to the switch.

The Main current does Not Flow through the soft switch, only 12v i assume! Thats why i got told that the soft switch voltage Rating does Not matter at all

All my on off buttons have broken due to it “jamming” when it sparks and welds the inside of the switch together. I just use a XT90 loop key. I agree with @lox897 the LCD is very good, I use it on my boards.