What is your experience with abec 11 97mm flywheels?

What’s the length of the axle (from hanger to axle tip)? Mine is about 41.5mm (1.63 inch) and the nut fits well, however, not much overhang. I am using 1.5 speed rings between the pulley bearing and the hanger … so, maybe you would only need about 40.5-41mm

My wheel-pulley setup looks exactly the same.

Same thing is happening with me. Pretty annoying. I’m using Enertion trucks. I just tightened it all the way down and untightened it a tiny bit and it hasn’t come loose yet. :crossed_fingers:t2:

Maybe the factory didn’t cut the hanger…

@anon42702729 Yeah I only have 35-36mm of length. Might have to do something like the following.

Yeah, I guess you have to cut it (7-8mm should do it). Don’t cut into the axle!

I’ll probably just do that as well if my nut falls off

I bought my abec 11 flywheels for $110 without bearings or spacers - anyone tried these that come with bearings and spacers for $25?

Why not try these (currently on ebay) before buying any clones:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ABEC-11-Flywheels-97MM-78A-longboard-skateboard-wheels-great-condition-/262814004700?hash=item3d30ef75dc:g:MQEAAOSw241YgCMo

I have a brand new set of 97mm ABEC 11 flywheels and yes they are authentic. Purchased them from Evolve for $125 shipped.

offers?

1 Like

@Pato and @anon42702729 Change your pulley setup on your motor. Flip it around.

Make sure you align them good and tight.

I put a new set of 97mm Flywheels onto the Raptor I just finished repairing. tighten down the bushing a lot, no wheel bite…yet. But I go for wide turns and with the kicktail I would be able to make sharpers ones. I might add another riser.

I only rode it across the street from work to grab a coffee and it was night and day compared to the Enertion clones.

1 Like

Hello i have 3boards evolve 2gt carbon and bamboo iv put the abec 11 97ml on the three i find them a dream the just changed from lumpy to smooth i absolutely love these abecs you can carve like a snow boarder there is no body ache after an hr the ride is faster smoother and you get and xtra 30min ride time i have on order the new boosted and i hope i can put the abecs on this board some say yes …im 65 and love these abecs every day im on the boardi cant say enough go buy some you wont regret for sure good luck

Do you know what Pulley Combo Kit is used here? I really like the all carbon fiber look. I’m upgrading the wheels on my RaptorV1 to the new Evolve GT street wheels (97MM, 76A) and may need some extra clearance as the wheels are slightly wider.