What is your experience with abec 11 97mm flywheels?

Ahh geez, Thanks for the info. Have any idea why that is?

So for a Raptor setup, the riser total height should be around 7/8" to 1" for 97mm flywheels and no wheel bite?

Also does an Enertion wheel pulley fit the 97mm flywheel?

Yes they will fit. The core of the flywheels don’t change.

2 Likes

I got a cheap drop through for my 97mm flywheels - I LOVE the wheels and the change they have made to the ride … cant even begin to tell how big of a difference they have made… I was looking at some cheap 97mm wheels on ebay for about 1/3 the price and wondering how much of a difference there would be … but I think i need a better drop deck to get more clearance to avoid wheelbite completely even though it is hard to get it to happen right now.

I have original ABEC 11 90mm 75A and 97mm 75A clones from this group by. And the clones work like a charm. Very soft and so far i can not detect any signs that the get worn out. But i am also not a drifter. So i really can recommend them. But of course the originals also work like a charm.

Next group buy will have better quality wheels, from a 70% infill to a 90% which I reckon will be just as good as ABEC 11s

Just got a set of 97mm Flywheels but when I mount the wheel pulley (Enertion wheel pulley) I don’t have enough thread left to screw the wheel nut on (the nut keeping the wheel from siding off the trucks)

I’m using all Enertion gear trucks, motor and wheel pulleys etc. Do I require wider trucks with more thread or am I missing something obvious? Can upload photo’s if it helps.

I have 97mm 78a Abec’s which are super smooth compared to e.g. Enertion Power wheels. It’s like day and night riding. However, I had to include a speed ring between Abec wheel bearing and Enertion pulley bearing. Otherwise the wheel wouldn’t spin anymore …? Must have been some gap between the tow bearings???

@Pato If your truck is made to accommodate Enertion wheels then you should be able to mount the flywheels as well. Are these clone flywheels?

No proper Abec 11 Flywheels. The mounting of the pulley to the wheel is fine, but I believe the pulley sits out a little more on the 97mm wheel then 83mm and I don’t have enough thread for the end nut.

But hopefully I’m just doing something wrong.

What’s the length of the axle (from hanger to axle tip)? Mine is about 41.5mm (1.63 inch) and the nut fits well, however, not much overhang. I am using 1.5 speed rings between the pulley bearing and the hanger … so, maybe you would only need about 40.5-41mm

My wheel-pulley setup looks exactly the same.

Same thing is happening with me. Pretty annoying. I’m using Enertion trucks. I just tightened it all the way down and untightened it a tiny bit and it hasn’t come loose yet. :crossed_fingers:t2:

Maybe the factory didn’t cut the hanger…

@anon42702729 Yeah I only have 35-36mm of length. Might have to do something like the following.

Yeah, I guess you have to cut it (7-8mm should do it). Don’t cut into the axle!

I’ll probably just do that as well if my nut falls off

I bought my abec 11 flywheels for $110 without bearings or spacers - anyone tried these that come with bearings and spacers for $25?

Why not try these (currently on ebay) before buying any clones:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ABEC-11-Flywheels-97MM-78A-longboard-skateboard-wheels-great-condition-/262814004700?hash=item3d30ef75dc:g:MQEAAOSw241YgCMo

I have a brand new set of 97mm ABEC 11 flywheels and yes they are authentic. Purchased them from Evolve for $125 shipped.

offers?

1 Like

@Pato and @anon42702729 Change your pulley setup on your motor. Flip it around.

Make sure you align them good and tight.