What is The Ultimate Belt Drive Set Up?

The build before this he was running 12s4p and averaging 16-18 miles on the 30q pack.

This is a 13s4p. Averaging 25-30miles on a 30q pack with only 4 more cells. And motor amps are significantly lower across the board. Both builds we’re electronically identical.

The old build had 16/40T on 12s… So 2.5 reduction compared to the15/36t 2.4 reduction on the Evo bot same wheels (107s)

So I would say that the voltage has a greater part of that then the 15wH of cells added… as the reduction on this build should use more power… But the voltage increase has affected the range drastically (an entire boosted board ride worth extra).

2 Likes

sounds great!

1 Like

sick stats :grinning: ill probably end up in the same region with 12S, 190kv, 15/32 gearing and 90mm wheels, not really aiming for super high speed, but I know the vanguard with ronins will be good for much more than what people want you to believe! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Haha I don’t doubt it. I took my vanguard to 39 and was fine. But it’s a noodle… lol

Insert bushings are the same thing as spherical bushings.

When I’m referring to insert bushings, I am not referring to Riot Plugs. The cast Rogues use the exact same insert bushings as the Don’t Trips. In fact you can use Riptide’s Kore insert bushings, which is compatible with both trucks.

In that case, Rogue bring a lot to the table for $60 by sporting the same level of ‘precision’ as Don’t Trips, given all the ‘precision’ is reliant on the insert bushing rather than the casting quality.

insert bushings are not spherical bearings and rogue trucks seem to use inserts while dont trip use bearings?

My bad, meant to type ‘bushings’ on my phone.

Riot Plugs:

Riptide Kore inserts (spherical bushings used in Don’t Trips):

Rogue ‘insert bushings’:

1 Like

i know all these things and tried most of it in my older ldp days (tracker bennet trucks, i actually made inserts myself vefore riptide and riot picked up on it - it was quite common in the ldp community) before i went more on more on motors, dont trip use spherical bearings and, if you want to introduce more slop, you can downgrade the bearings to bushings (which nobody does).

this is a spherical bearing:

1 Like

Ahh, so that solves the confusion. So then my question becomes, why not adapt spherical bearings to the Rogues? People have adapted spherical bearings to Bennetts in the past.

Ronin’s are A+++ vtc6 or 30q in 12s stewii vesc6 Bamboo deck 12mm belts 6355*2 And invisible enclosure. That’s what I think is my ultimate belt set up.

Where we’re going, we don’t need belts…

1 Like

@Battosaii can do 40mph :wink:

1 Like

my 12s4p has also been giving me great milage, Wednesday night we rode around the city for 27 miles before getting back to the car and i still had 12% battery. Last night we rode 15 miles but my buddies GTX died on him so we towed him back and i still had 55% but thats cruising on a group ride if i ride really hard all the time 18-20mile range. this is dual 6374 with 12mm belts 16/36t gearing 107 wheels

@Deckoz board is much more powerful than mine i cant image how fast it is and he must ride like a mad man haha

2 Likes

lol. picking on @Deckoz is just too fun :rofl:

2 Likes

Have you ever actually used a board with a kicktail?

Like really used it – more than “rode it once, wasn’t experienced enough to know how use it yet”

Yeah, I never used it.

The unik board I have now also have what could be used as a small kicktail, I really don’t use that sort of stuff.

I cruise on mine and where i cruise i can turn without using a kt no problem

A “small kicktail” or “can be used as a kicktail” is the same thing as “no kicktail”

That’s like saying a kite can be used as an aircraft and then knocking all airplanes because yours was a piece of shit, when in reality, yours wasn’t a real airplane and isn’t comparable.

So, you’ve never used one. Please don’t knock 'em if you haven’t used them! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Like i said before i have, ive had many push boards before i had eboards.

I used to have some cheap double kick board from a local skateshop many years ago and a deck that looks a little like the riptide deck with a massive kicktail.

I never used it.

So I’m trying to figure out the kv of my motors(besides what the website says. Mainly because the gearing and speed others have posted seems to be higher than what I’m getting with the same setup, if not with a little more buffer because of the 12s6p batteries… So I’ve seen a top speed of 60km/hr or 37mph at 95% duty cycle and this was on super smooth flat ground. Basically seems like it just stops right there. Seems like others are getting close to 40 or higher. Anyways. Dual 6374 12s6p 30q. 15/36 on fresh 107mm. The pictures show loaded top (37)speed erpm as well as unloaded erpm full throttle. So. Anyone want to help figure out what actual kv is based on the readings? Unloaded [email protected]. Loaded [email protected]

Open the vesc tool go-to terminal and type “kv” without quotes :wink:

1 Like